Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

Too many nice persons die young. I think it is time to have some jerks drop dead.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Sad for those on the blue line and all of us. A Motor cycle club crash yesterday
killed and maimed many from the Blue Line MC Club

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... ll-country

May they rest in peace and those injured recover fully.

Funds can be sent , search for the link.

Steve Molcsan

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:18 pm

RIP Congressman John Lewis! You were a hero to me and someone who humbled me, I knew that I could not have done what you did or faced what you faced. You went knowing what you were headed for, and did it anyway! That goes for any of the "freedom riders" of the early 60's but more so for the Blacks that took part. We lost a great man Friday.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:00 pm

Indeed we did. RIP

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:06 pm

Hobby

I do more dreaming about it than reading about it
but, I do on occasion like to brush up on another passion of mine,
and that is fly-fishing.

These are two books from my modest library worth a mention;

The "Dry Fly and Fast Water" by George La Branche
and "Minor Tactics of a Chalk Stream" by GEM Skues in the back section of La Branche's book are correspondences between the two men starting in 1925 -thur-1947
A fascinating journey back in time to listen to their conversations.
I like Georges writing style and wit.
The friendly banter between these two fisherman is most enjoyable and teachable.

If these peak your interest search for paper backs good reads
when cabin fever strikes.

"Dry Fly and Fast Water" by La Branche
"Minor Tactics of a Chalk Stream" by Skues

Enjoy and take care - sm

"Time present and time past are both present in future Time" , T.S.Elliot

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:27 pm

I am pleased with our heat pump in our home. The outside temperature was over 30c yesterday and today at noon the temperature was 28c. My wife insists I stay in the house, where the temperature is a steady 22c. until the temperature goes down this evening.
The heat has broken the dashboard in my 2002 Ram pickup into a bunch of pieces. I use an inside sun shield on the truck, but the a little bit of dash shows at the bottom when the shield is installed. When it cools in the fall, I might try sticking it together with some 3M glue. 3M must make a product for this.
Our dog will not go outside except to take care of her business.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:41 pm

Our family has been taking our pets to a Veterinarian in another city 25 kilometers from home. We have learned to trust them and even like them. While it is expensive to care for an animal, The pricing has gone way beyond reasonable. A spaying used to be about $500, all in. The same Vet Hospital, now owned by an American Company, charges $3200 for the same service.
My wife and daughter checked Google for a local veterinarian and found one a few kilometers from here. The all in price for the same spaying service, closer to home, is $700.
Our dog is doing really well and continues to be a total clown. She is a wonderful addition to our family, in these trying times.
Attachments
July 29 20.jpg
Planning some trouble

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:55 pm

I have a relationship with four vet practices. I use one for my dog, he is compassionate and tries hard. I don't know how up to date he is on small animals, but when I had to put Jesse down on Thanksgiving, a decade ago, he came in and told me to take all the time I needed to say goodbye. A very compassionate man. My wife feels the young vets at another practice are better with cats, so we go there for them. The third vet is less than a mile from me, and handles more large animals than small, but we use them for boarding when we go. The last is a place the two other vets use for "cover" when they are not available for some reason.
I like knowing that I can call around and find someone in a emergency
My brother got a Laberdoodle, He asked me how long do dogs (puppys) get "in to things" as I have had a few dogs. He wasn't too happy when I said they start to calm down around 6 or 7 years old! Rory is somewhere around 10 and still has his "puppy moments"!
Oh and Nikki, she has already planned the trouble, she is just waiting for the right time to pull it off!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:09 pm

My wife's sister has a Labradoodle. It may be a year old. Her Labradoodle has eaten, not chewed, through a square meter of carpet and a large section of sheet-rock. This dog appears to not have any stop-eating-you-are-full sensors. It will eat and eat until it becomes unconscious. I have never heard of this before now.
Her last dog was another Labradoodle from the same breeder. It became really sick and died of cancer complications. This other Labradoodle never matured and was a puppy all of its 12 years. It could never be left alone or off-leash on their acherage.
Our dog is jut turning 7 months old. She is surprisingly mature for her age. Learning tricks is easy, for her and the dog appears to like to learn anything.
Our Poodle goes to bed around midnight and gets up around 10am. The first event is to let her outside "to take care of business" then a big drink of water before she runs down the hall to the bedroom. I had better not be sleeping in when she arrives. She takes one big leap from the doorway and lands on the bed. From this point on it becomes total mayhem. I suppose there is very little better than a happy wet nose in my face in the morning.
I now know where the other sock has gone. I had though it was the dryer, until now.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion