Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

nikkinutshop wrote:I don't agree. I can't stop you from doing what you like, but you missed the point of the link. I thought there she was just walking down the street ------ etc. As in street walker. I don't want to contribute to the music links.

I got it!
As you wish, I have removed it from the Music link, I will not promise that someone else will not post it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:02 am

Hey Paul,

Here are a couple of links to GPS trackers.

Amazon lists a few, might have to do some research to figure out what will work with our older, non- computerized vehicles. I also studiously read the reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... Caps%2C359

Best buy has some, too: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Handheld-GP ... 1100050003

Jim's GPS trackers has some pretty attractive prices and probably can help steer you to a good choice: http://www.jimsgpstracker.com/

If you spring for one, let us know which one you got and how it works for you. My rig's out in the country at my dads and inoperable at the moment, so I'm not too worried about it getting jacked. Wouldn't mind a tracker for my car, though.
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am

I'm so busy this week I think I just passed myself on the highway! :shock:

Haven't even had the time to check in on the site every day :cry:
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Well this past week I have been at my daughter's house doing a daddy do list, run new drain lines, hot and cold water lines and electriic lines for her washer and dryer so we could move them from the only closet on the main floor of her new old house to the basement. Fixed the line tothefront spigot on the house, new bathroom fan, repairs on the deck, replaced a rotted threshold on an outside door, made staircase for the loft over the garage, replaced the rotted door frame on the garage door, fixed the hot water tank because it was tripping off, removed some steel posts from the backyard, added molding to the outside basement door, made a 4x4 cedar mailbox post from scratch, sanded doors that would not close and chased down one of her dogs that escaped through gap on the deck staircase "reason for deck repair". On top of that it has rained almost every day here in Asheville, N.C. Ineed to go back to work so I can rest up. LOL But this is what daddy's do for their daughters. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Wildmanbill wrote:Well this past week I have been at my daughter's house doing a daddy do list, run new drain lines, hot and cold water lines and electriic lines for her washer and dryer so we could move them from the only closet on the main floor of her new old house to the basement. Fixed the line tothefront spigot on the house, new bathroom fan, repairs on the deck, replaced a rotted threshold on an outside door, made staircase for the loft over the garage, replaced the rotted door frame on the garage door, fixed the hot water tank because it was tripping off, removed some steel posts from the backyard, added molding to the outside basement door, made a 4x4 cedar mailbox post from scratch, sanded doors that would not close and chased down one of her dogs that escaped through gap on the deck staircase "reason for deck repair". On top of that it has rained almost every day here in Asheville, N.C. Ineed to go back to work so I can rest up. LOL But this is what daddy's do for their daughters. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Bill

Your a GOOD Father Bill! And all this work for a Thank you and I love you Dad, Correct? Now Get back to work so you can rest up for Round two. ;)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:04 am

Thanks, will do.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:35 am

I pulled my W F and John Barnes 22" camel back drill press out of storage and started to restore it, today. It weighs about 900 pounds and has a flat belt drive with four speeds that double to eight with the back gears. The drill was out of service for more than half of a century and is in pristine condition under the petrified grease. The power source will be a vintage 70 pound Canadian General Electric two horse power motor. I will post some pictures tomorrow. It will be a working collectible.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:54 am

Look forward to some pictures Brian.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Here is a link to Photobucket that shows a few of the pictures of the WF and John Barnes drill press. After nearly 100 years, this company is still in business and they build specialty equipment for fighting cancer.
Unless someone has a better source for flat belting, I will be buying from HIT AND MISS INDUSTRIES. I have bought many old engine parts from them, online, and they are very helpful and totally honest.

I have come to a resolution myself as I hope any good citizen will, never again to purchase any article of foreign manufacturer, which can be had of American make, be the difference of price what it may"
THOMAS JEFFERSON 1815
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:53 pm

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=c ... 4664287419
I've two of these. I bought the first one and the other was lonely and followed us home.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion