Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

Hey Gary, ohioboy, I surely know the wedding blues. NOTHING went on at my house for months up to the wedding. My wife, the giver, waaaay over bought everything for the wedding. Months later, my sons are still cracking open the 12 packs.
She still won't give me the total spent.
House payment paid late, on and on.
Electricity is still on, thank goodness.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:57 pm

IIRC it was somewhere around 1850 miles or so. I started each day @ 6 am sharp amd drove until i got to the hotel. Totaled 28 hours of driving over 3 days. 12 + 12+ 4. Got to Austin at noon on the 3rd day.
Except for the cat howling in his cat carrier on the front seat for the first half of each day it wasn't a hard drive. just follow the highway and fight the wind.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:09 am

Drove Mom n Dad from Ohio to Wa in April and I hear ya about the wind. Head on all the way at better than 30 mph across Nebraska and Wyoming. Their new rig has a mileage calculator and it was running around 20 mpg when we got here. After 4 months tooling around town it's up to 26 and climbing. (I think it does an average over the life of the vehicle).
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:55 am

Hey paulie

Better be careful choosing a hauler. There are a couple of guys that were operating around the country that basically stole the classic vehicles they were hired to haul. Long, detailed threads here:

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/show ... ht=Hulbert

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/show ... ht=Hulbert

One of the guys got busted for it, but it's been a couple of years. The other guy was still operating. :evil:

I'll be springing for GPS locators for all my vehicles. Less than a hundred bucks a pop makes it money well spent if your rig goes wandering.
Last edited by OhioBoy on Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"How the heck did that happen?"

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks for the links. i was going to post a bid request on Uship. We used them to find shippers for my daughters horse and it seems to bring in pretty good people.
I like the idea of the GPS tracker. I need to look into that. Anymore info you might have on that would be helpful.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 pm

No snow here last year, we have it organized for the snow to go to Creston, BC, although Rod from SCOUT PLUSS in Hope, BC sent pictures of a meter of snow in his yard that all but covered his Diamond T trucks. Have a look at his web site and send him an email. Rod has a picture gallery of IH.
So, you want a story? This just happened earlier this week. I had lunch in my favorite breakfast restaurant in New Westminster and had returned to my pickup where I was checking Craigslist and answering a few emails when there was a soft tap on the driver’s window. There was a sex-trade worker standing there beaconing me to roll the side glass down. She asked if I might be looking for a lady and I said yes, but with these conditions. I live in a house where the two females never stop talking and it is driving me nuts. I have my doubts that any female can remain quiet for 20 minutes. So, I offered to pay her $20 to stand there in complete silence for 20 minutes, starting, now. After about 20 seconds of silence she asked, “What do you think that I am?” I told her that question might be just a little too easy to answer and then I told her that she had just lost $20 for speaking. I started the Cummins and as I drove away, I could hear her yelling terms of endearment after me. She has an interesting way of saying DIY. I should have given her the goody bag that the dentist gave me on my last visit, there are two or more in the glove-box. I thought that her teeth could have used a little TLC.

http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/CORNB ... NOW%20HOPE
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Brian, your stories are so much more colorful than mine.
I like the DIY reference.
From now on EVERYONE can DIY!
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:32 pm

I am, I do and I will again

http://youtu.be/T0EDCAVsEDM

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:03 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I am, I do and I will again

http://youtu.be/T0EDCAVsEDM

Brian, I am going to put your Contribution in the "song" thread! I think it fits the current round.

LOL

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:53 pm

I don't agree. I can't stop you from doing what you like, but you missed the point of the link. I thought there she was just walking down the street ------ etc. As in street walker. I don't want to contribute to the music links.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion