Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

My long time friend called yesterday to say he is OK and the follow-up to his colon surgery was a success and he is considered cancer free. He told me the surgeon took 30 centimeters off his tail-pipe. He said he will be moved out of the woodwind section of the orchestra and onto percussion.
When he was being released from the hospital . the nurse told him that he should not lift anything heavier than 3 kilograms. He told the nurse that he will need a circumcision to meet the lifting guideline.
I am glad he "made-it". I would have missed his offensive humour.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:57 pm

I was thinking about the Alaskan Camper that I was restoring 10 plus years ago. The camper project was in conflict with another project and the camper lost. All I have left is the restored ALASKAN CAMPER badges, the rebuilt hydraulics, new appliances and a few pictures. I cannot find my pictures, so, I downloaded these off the 'net. I also built aluminium custom side boxes that fit just under the camper side over-hang and at the back of the R120 box. One box was for propane and the other side was for a Honda gen-set.
The Alaskan I had came from a local family and was the 10 foot model, made in Red Deer, Alberta.. All that was left to do was buy the aluminium outside covering, then fold and fit it. At this time, I had few options left. The Alaskan was displaced by a South Bend 16 inch 10 foot lathe.
I had advertised on Craigslist for a free Alaskan Camper and all I got was a bunch of AHs. So, I took a chainsaw and cut the camper into bite-sized pieces then took it all to a local wood recycler.
When I hauled the Alaskan home on my 1953 R120, I thought it looked not too bad in the 8 foot box. The "R120" handled the load just fine.
Every time I see another Alaskan Camper, my truck pulls just a little in that direction. "One day, but not today", is what I tell myself. This is how I stopped smoking 37 years ago and it worked, but maybe not so much on the camper idea. You see, my wife does not like campers, so, well ............................ you get it.
Attachments
alaskan camper 4.jpg
alaskan camper 3.jpg
ALASKAN CAMPER 2.jpg
ALASKAN CAMPER 1.jpg

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:10 pm

My ears perked up when you said "the new appliances " , just acquired a small TT with None. At least the young lady and her son now have a much nicer rig to live in. She went from a 17' gutted trailer to a $3000 value 30' park model, Delivered and set up giving me her old trailer and some small payments over the next three months.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:58 pm

This area had snow last night. We are experiencing a tropical monsoon right now.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 pm

Smoke from California fires is filling up the valley, again. This has been one horrific fire season throughout the Western US.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Been watching the devastation on the news and was wondering how close it was to you. Just terrible. Stay safe.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:01 pm

WHERE DO PUMPKINS COME FROM

It is Halloween a week, next Tuesday. Do you ever wonder where the best pumpkins come from and how they get hauled to the store?
Attachments
GREAT PUMPKINS.jpg
the best pumpkins

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:36 pm

https://youtu.be/ewTyltKvB2Q

This is too good to not post. His father sounds like my Dad.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:https://youtu.be/ewTyltKvB2Q

This is too good to not post. His father sounds like my Dad.

Great speaker. Definitely worth a listen.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:25 pm

I put my motorcycle out for consignment sale yesterday. This is the end of riding for me. I have been a rider since 1960. I am surprisingly okay with this. 57 years is long enough. The traffic in this area has become life threatening for a person out and about on two wheels.
The motorcycle is a Honda Valkyrie Interstate, a fast cruiser with the sound of a Porsche 911.
In 2015 I rode less than 1000 kilometers. In 2016 I had the bike out for 259 kilometers. I put the bike into paid storage in October 2016 and I have not looked at it since. The $50 per month storage is not a big deal, but the nearly $2000 a year insurance is serious money. If I do the cost per kilometer for the insurance I pay, this is not a good thing. I suppose I never rode this bike all that much since there ae only 53,000 kilometers on the odometer since 1999. I bought the Honda in 2005 after the first owner put less than 5000 kilometers on the bike. At the time I bought the Honda, I had a Harley FLHTCI or Electroglide Classic in Gun Metal Pearl. I sold the Harley after riding the Honda. I had an standing offer on the HD and after I called the interested buyer, the HD was gone in a day.
The weather has turned into West Coast winter-like conditions. Heavy layers of fallen leaves add another layer of danger to the crazy traffic. Snow is being forecast for this weekend. Suddenly, I feel better about selling the Honda. All of the guys I used to ride with are dead. Non of them died from crashing.
I have kept all of the provenance for the bike , starting with the original advertisement in the Vancouver Sun Paper, The original sales tag from Carter Honda, the bill of sale and the sales-person's card. I have a large PLANO box of Honda grommets, screws, clips and dozens of other bit and pieces all in the original Honda packaging.
This motorcycle has been a distraction from the projects I would prefer to spend my time on.
Attachments
VALKYRIE SIX CYLINDERS.jpg
VALKYRIE.jpg
MOTORCYCLE LIFT.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion