Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:30 am

Virtual Front Porch

Hey all.

Thought I'd start a thread to serve as an ongoing conversation. On the old site Manny's "Now that's a work truck" morphed into this and the conversation went on for around 1500 posts. It ranged from trucks to music trivia to pics of the wife and kids.

So pull up a chair, or a nail keg and tell us what you're up to these days. What's on your mind? Heard any good one's lately?

Welcome to the virtual general store/front porch/hardware store counter/or grain elevator. Glad you're here.
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

it is hot, and humid. we need some rain. our draught is getting worse. lakes are down, yards are dying. we need the meterologists to lie to us forcasting more sun and get a toad floater.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:23 pm

We are finally getting some nice weather for the first time in weeks. Warmed up to normal with sunshine and blue sky. Perfect weather for the antique car display at the local museum this past weekend. Parked my Chevy II along with the rest of the "real antiques" including this fine looking 59 Parisienne convertible. Guess I should have brought my B110 as well.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Very nice thread. A warm and friendly place to dwell.
As I said on Facebook, I'm taking the Summer off to work on my music ( had a hip replacement at 56).
Waaay too much time on my hands. Not much money, though.
My daughter Allie got married this April, I've posted a picture of her with my wife and I.
This August, so far, ranks as one of the coolest Augusts I've ever experienced in CA. I know Summer isn't over by a long shot, but it was a nice change.
Too bad my fat butt can't work outside.
Number one project once I can move OK is my '39 GMC on '87 Nissan PU frame /running gear. That will be my everyday driver. I posted a picture of that, too.
I wish I could hang out in your garages at night while you work on your trucks.
This is the longest stretch for me away from auto repair in 40 years.
Take care, Don
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Don -what a great looking bride and proud parents. We have had a rough patch this summer with the hot weather but it finally became a bit more normal here in CT.
Been a busy summer working on the house and selling it so that we can move to Austin TX. The wifes family all moved there about 15 yrs ago and now its my turn. Not sure how i'm going to like it but willing to give it a shot. I am hoping to find work there before I leave CT middle of Sept.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi Paul, thanks for your nice comments. CT to TX ?, That has to be a big jump.
My family is all originally from New England, but that was 60 years ago. New Hampshire, Upstate N.Y.
My middle daughter lived for a time in East Texas in Marshall. When I visited her during one Summer I couldn't understand how anyone functioned outside, and I'm from SoCal!
So hot and humid. But exceptionally nice and polite people. Maybe you'll swap snow for heat? That's what my family did 60 years ago.
You didn't mention how you're going to move your truck, tools, equip, etc. Sounds like a big deal.
Ask Brian Nikkinutshop if he wants to move and how many loads it would take.
Good luck on the move. Don
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 am

Here we go again, Gary! :D . Nice photos, Don. This may be the porch where we meet one another the best way one can in "virtual". We had a very hot summer in Creston, B.C. too. But,...everyone is happy. My truck still gives me lots of joy too drive, but alas, it does need a better engine when the money rolls in. Manny (worktruck Manny!)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 am

Hey Manny, you need to check out the music game. We've switched from girls to " novelty songs." ray Stevens and Weird Al alone should fill up quite a few pages. ;)

Nice to be ale to put a face with the name, Don. Hope you get back out to that shop soon.

Weather hot here, but that's typical. Been gutting the bathroom for a 'quick' remodel before our house fills up with wedding guests. My stepson' s getting married at the end of the month and we'll have seven people staying in our 1000 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 1 bath house. Probably sending the dogs to the boarders for the week. (All three are over 70 lbs and one's a high energy coonhound, so that makes the house even smaller :? )
"How the heck did that happen?"

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:59 am

Yes it has been a big move so far. We packed up the house stuff in March in 26 foot moving truck and I drove down there. Horrible drive. Not the scenery but the wind. On the nose of the truck the whole trip until I got to Dallas and turned south then a tail wind. $1200 in gas alone. Left the wife and the dogs in a rental house in Texas while I got the house in CT sold.

The only thing left at the house in CT is a bsement full of tools and the project truck. I am planning on getting a pod for the tools and I will attempt to find some transport for the project.

Any furniture i have been using until the house sold will be taken to the dump. At that point it will be me and a few suitcases in my daily driver making the drive to Texas.

It was the fact that my daughter joined the Coast Guard and left home which left us alone in combination with a 3 1/2 foot snowstorm last winter that made the decision for us.
Anybody in CT want to buy a snowblower and snow shovels cheap? LOL.
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering"
Freemnan Dyson

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:38 am

So I gotta ask, how many miles from CT to TX?
Don't worry about the tools in the basement I'll get those for you.
Brian Nikkinutshop also mentioned a 3 foot snowstorm in B.C. My house in Central CA would collapse!
And Howdy Ohioboy! Don
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2x 1953 IHC R pickups
Next

Return to Non-IH discussion