Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

My British friend called to tell me he discovered why people are buying and hoarding toilet paper. He suggested, when anyone coughs, every other person in the room craps their pants. :t1812:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:03 pm

I called my long time friend, of 50 plus years, yesterday. He is at death's door and he thinks this will "be it".
In Canada there have been 40,000 tests and one death. The Canadian Government, in cooperation with the provinces thought it was necessary to get ahead of the potential dangerous virus and test right away. We have test centers set up in many places. I am in my mid 70s and I am not going out in public for the next while. I am told the stores are empty.
The local grocery store my wife frequents posted a sign for their customers. The sign suggests it is rude to buy and hoard toilet paper, but I you insist, we will limit your purchase to 2 packages. The sign goes on to suggest that persons not forget to buy something to eat.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Here in British Columbia every public gathering place is closed. Our borders have been closed as of noon today. This situation is getting really serious. There have been three deaths in a Old Folks Home on the North Shore. An elderly female, from Washington, State, visiting her male friend infected him and two others who also died. After getting sick and recovering, the female visitor was returned to WA.
Canadians living abroad have been told to get home, while they can, if they want to.
Because of my age, I had to cancel my Doctor's appointment for tomorrow. The provincial health minister has made it possible for persons like myself to get prescriptions filled without having to go out in public.
I often stay at home and never give it a second thought. Now that I am being encouraged to not go out of my house, I feel a little trapped. No big deal, I have lots to do, here. My son filled my truck with Diesel yesterday. This is the first fuel-up since December 11,last year. I had driven 306 kilometers in 90+ days.
My friend of more than 50 years appears to be recovering. He was at a big swap meet and this is likely where he was infected.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:12 pm

11 states say they are closing restaurants without saying if they will allow truckstop ones to stay open? Without food how many truckers are going to be willing to continue? I am supposed to make another trip to Montana, but not sure I will. Also not sure if I will take my dog with me either. If I get sick, or it gets bad, I want him safe at home.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Also not sure if I will take my dog with me either. If I get sick, or it gets bad, I want him safe at home

I completely understand that...

Take the wife instead.. :)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:17 pm

no, she is staying and taking care of the zoo at home. Too many animals depend on us.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Well sure sounds like your head and heart are in the right place.

Safe travels if your must.. - sm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:11 am

I feel a little trapped. No big deal, I have lots to do,

Tough times,

Use caution so not to slip on the ice or wet floors on your jaunts to the shop.
enjoy yourself just watch your step.. dn

Steve Molcsan

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:09 am

Harvey wrote:Well sure sounds like your head and heart are in the right place.

Safe travels if your must.. - sm

Yeah, I'm trying to weigh my desire to sit at home and wait to see how it develops and the needs of the people that may not get what they need if I do.
If fuel haulers get sick or cut deliveries or if those shops that cater to the trucking trade, close it could get real "hairy" out there.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:01 pm

My friend from the North Shore was nearly killed when his car was rear-ended when he slowed to turn onto his street. He has had several years of walking getting more difficult and he figured he would be in a wheeled chair by the end of this month. He was recommended to a chiropractor and decided to give it a try. A few weeks and a few treatments, my friend was up and walking. He is nearly 70.
He called this morning to tell me he bought another motorcycle for his collection of bikes. This one is a new Ducati Monster 1200. My friend was going for a ride to Horse Show Bay and back. By the time he got to the top of his steep driveway, he told me he was terrified, but too scared to turn back because his wife was watching. He drove around the block and went to a friend's house and an hour later he returned home. In answer to his wife's "Well?" He said "OMG that is one fantastic bike!" The Ducati has fewer than 100 kilometers on the clock. The seller was panicked by the covid19. His new Ducati is in the downstairs recreation room with his other 5 motorcycles.
https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/bikes/monster/monster-1200
My wife went to our local grocery store for a loaf of bread. There is no, toilet paper, napkins, kitchen paper towels, bread, meat, flour and almost no dairy. The manager gave my wife a loaf of rye bread, one of two, he was holding back for himself.
We have been long term shopper at this store, so, with that comes some special treatment. The manager is going to hold the groceries my wife wants in the back.
My son has my truck so I am not able to get out for a drive to McD's for a drive-thru coffee.
My Doctor's appointment was cancelled today. My prescriptions will come directly from the pharmacy. :t3717:
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion