Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:51 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

harvester60 wrote:On a completely different note, its my 23rd wedding anniversary today. Not really doing much to celebrate though. Maybe a take meal tonight. Luke

Congratulations are in order !

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:16 pm

Congratulations on the Anniversary! CB, this one had started to drift into Political differences, as stated on the thread you started, Great, but if Politics {blame game} starts, THAT portion needs to go to the Political thread. Covid19, or what ever they call it, is a great concerned to all the World.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:00 am

When any two or more people discuss ANYTHING there are going to be differences, political or otherwise, get over it! This is a non automotive section, things are going to get discussed that you don't agree with. OK, we moved it to a thread of its own, but that isn't going to change the nature of the discussion.
This thread was opened to have a "round table" discussion like people of old did on their front porch, at the feed mill or in the big table at the local restaurant while drinking coffee. As long as people are civil there isn't a problem. It seams only YOU had a problem.
As long as people are civil, I would suggest if YOU don't like the topic or the way it is discussed to not read it! IF someone in the discussion contacts you about being "picked on" then you can decide if it is out of hand.
I don't mind starting a new thread about the subject, I do mind that you seem to feel it was "inappropriate for a "open round table". Topics should be moderated if they are abusive to a poster, or if they stray from the stated topic of the thread, neither of those happened in this case. The thread is non topic specific and in the appropriate section, and I don't see where anyone was abusive to another member.
I understand that not all member are going to share my views on anything, that includes politics, life goes on and we can find things we do agree on. disagreeing on something is not a reason not to discuss it!
Otherwise, I would suggest a clear and fast rule that after so many post on a subject on the "front porch" that they have there own thread. It is the only way I can see that it is not subjective to something only the moderator sees.
And now I open this up to discussion of the membership.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:09 am

You make some valid points, but unless YOU want to moderate this whole thing, Abide by what I say, even if you do not like it. I Read and Have read EVERY Post since I started doing my best to keep this a civil place and keep the spammers out. Do not like it, you(the whole group) are welcome to do the job I have done for almost twelve years. Times are "touchy" now, more so than at any time in most of our memories. If anyone took offense of how I do things, Please take over. I am tired, the software, Hopefully will get an upgrade, when John can get it done. I spend hours each day just checking the 20+ registrations. I do this because I love old Internationals, I get no pay for this, I burn up my Data doing it. My RANT is over, but understand, If I were to approve just one day of registrations without checking for "bad" guys, you would have a forum like it it was in 2008-2010 When we had over 6000 bogus members.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:22 am

Lloyd, I don't even know what your rules are. Keeping to topic on, "on -topic threads" is something I think anyone can understand. Not "flaming" other posters is something I think everyone can understand. Arbitrary determination of "pollical content" is something it seams only you understand nor can I see any basis for moderating thread on that reason.
If you want out as moderator, fine. I will respect that. I am still working and on the road, so would not be able to take that on in a timely manor.
I think you are over reacting on open topic threads.
I help moderate a site that has a much lower traffic volume than this, and sometimes it takes a week for me or the other moderator to review. I know I would not have the time for the traffic here. That being said, if the posts are not harmful or way off topic on a topical thread, I don't see a reason to clamp down on them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm

I have been playing a lot of M/S Solitaire. I have reached the Grande Master level. I am in a group that is legally confined to staying home. I suppose I can take my truck out for a spin, but, what happens if the ride turns into an unplanned event? I don't want to put any extra load on our EMS.
I had a burrito from QUESADA last night. I did not have to go out, it was delivered. I asked for double jalapenos and triple habanero along with pickled red onions and all of the other options. MMM Good.
I like really hot food, BUT, my son has and eats Carolinas Reaper sauce. The Carolina Reaper, the world's hottest chili pepper, has a rating of 2.2 million Scoville heat units (SHU) which compares to the Ghost Pepper's rating of 1.04 million SHU. In order to give you a feeling for magnitude, by way of comparison, a jalapeno pepper has a SHU rating of 2,500-10,000. My favorite the,Habanero chilis are very hot, rated 100,000–350,000 on the Scoville scale. I did try the Carolinas Reaper sauce. OMG. That is best described a pure agony, for me. The second hit was less aggressive, for me. :h21014: :t1812:
Attachments
BURNING PEE.jpg
BURNING PEE.jpg (11.24 KiB) Viewed 2484 times
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:25 pm

I started out with a "New England" mouth, couldn't handle anything even slight hot, I am better now but still don't like hot food. I can take somewhat spicy food, but if it is to the point I can't enjoy what I'm eating I don't see the point. Karen's brothers are into "how hot can you take it". Thi food fall into this category for me.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:03 pm

I wanted to sleep in for an extra hour or so, this morning. It was not going to happen. There was a dog jumping on the bed and trying to get me attention. The wet fetch-it squeaky ball sealed the deal. I was wide awake after it was dropped on my face. I have not had anything get this excited, over me, in the morning in the last decade.
The dog is sleeping through the night, in her kennel. This new puppy is working our really well.
I do not remember leaving my slippers in the kennel. If I start finding my keys in the fridge, I will stop suspecting the dog and blame it on old-timers..
Attachments
SADIE INNOCENT.jpg
WASN'T ME
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Who me?, couldn't be!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:43 pm