Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:55 am

Re: Virtual Front Porch

Most infectious disease experts say that full closure of the boarder might have helped, but that would have to have been done back in January and would have to have been complete, not nation by nation. By the time we did close the boarder, most infection was being spread within. All it has done as make it hard for citizens to return.
The best thing Trump could do is introduce Dr Fouci and than SHUT UP, the doctor would make him look good, and we would get info that didn't need to be later "walked back, corrected, or explained".

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:01 am

I agree that it would likely have been better to close the borders sooner and more drastic. He was criticized when he did do it. I agree Fouci is great and he has been gracious when talking about discrepencies. He also jumped all over the media(Fouci) when they continually try and drive a wedge beween he and Trump. Not happening. I see that some of the major networks have talked about cutting back on coverage of Trump pressers as people like what they are hearing and the effort being set forth. We will get through this and learn from it. The biggest thing we could learn is to be less greedy and be more self sufficient when it comes to dealing with other countries.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:33 pm

In a situation like we're in, timing can be everything. one thing done early can very helpful, done late, it can be worse than not doing it at all.
It is why we need to listen to what the experts say, and act when they say to. when we have contradicting info and varying actions that are reversed on day or hour to the next we are wasting an opportunity to make a difference.
We don't need a lot guesses to see what will happen if we don't. We can look to Italy where they are having use the military to remove and process coffins, they are stacking up faster than they can be cremated. extrapolate out the population of Italy to that of the US and you can see what we might be in for.
Trump says he inherited some of the problems, which is true and goes back through many administrations, and while there is plenty of blame to go around, some of it has to land on Trump's, afterall he is 7/8's of the way through his 1st term. You can blame previous admins for not acting when you come into the office, after you have been there a while, it becomes your failure as well.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Agreed. Someone should have told Obama that. The red tape and bureaucracy never helps. We are very good at creating that. I agree that there are countries ahead of us that have been very successful or should i say more succesful at slowing the spread. North Korea being one. I think alot of that had to do with testing and knowing what was going on and being dynamic and probably more forceful. I thi k none of the young people here took it seriously. We will get through this time i am sure. At least many of us.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 pm

I think you mean South Korea, I not sure we can trust any of the numbers out of the North. One thing they did (North) was close the boarder even more than it is normally. The South did early and a lot of testing and tracing of contact that were +. That is how they kept their numbers low and deaths down.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:07 pm

Yep. Good catch. I think the north is struggling but you will never know. Like the data out of China.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Ok, End this on this thread NOW, Please take further discussion to the correct place.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:34 am

OhioBoy wrote:Hey all.

So pull up a chair, or a nail keg and tell us what you're up to these days. What's on your mind? Heard any good one's lately?

Welcome to the virtual general store/front porch/hardware store counter/or grain elevator. Glad you're here.

Since the O/P started this thread, it was to be just exactly what was on the minds of many. I don't see how discussing the biggest event of our times is inappropriate to this thread, but if it bothers YOU, I have started another thread on that topic alone!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:41 am

On a completely different note, its my 23rd wedding anniversary today. Not really doing much to celebrate though. Maybe a take meal tonight. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:47 am

Congrat's on that!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion