Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

I hope to die not causing anyone any pain, and not having anyone or any animal dependent on me for their well being. If I can do that, it will be an ok death in my book.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:15 pm

I am not one of those persons who hopes someone will have kind things to say about me, after I die. While I have caused more than enough disruption as I passed through my life, I think I might have had a very few rare moments when someone said, "MMM,That was a good one."
Attachments
HAMMER HEAD.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:01 pm

About a decade ago, one of my wife's joker friends gave her a metal Xmas tree. It was made in China. The tree used two "D" cell batteries. When the tree switch was activated, the tree started to turn slowly. It made sounds that were recognisable as popular festive season music. The sound was like that of a tortured erhu. https://youtu.be/dhic2cE57iM
We had some visitors who wanted to watch and listen to the tree thingee. "Shortly" after it was activated the tree came to an abrupt halt and the light ceased to flash. There was one last tortured gasp from the tiny speaker and smoke sated to escape. My son took the tree onto the back porch and tossed it onto the sidewalk, about halfway to the shop. The tree thingee started to operate again. The lights flashed, the tortured music restarted. The tree rocked back and forward until the batteries died. I took the tree to it's final resting place at the city transfer station with some other scrap. Thanks for the laughs, who ever you were who thought to re-gift this POS,
Attachments
IMPORTED XMAS TREE.jpg
Imported xmas tree re-gifted.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:46 am

RELATIVE HUMIDITY

I was driving east on Hasting Street in Burnaby, BC. Two cars in front of us was a grey Chevy Van owned and driven by my cousin's husband. I got my passenger to call my cousin on her cell phone. We put the phone on speaker and my passenger held the cell. In two rings, my cousin answered the call. After a few exchanged niceties, I was told that "they" never come down to the coast because of the terrible traffic. As we drove along they were not aware that I was two cars behind them. At Willingdon the light changed to amber and I said, look out the light is changing. There was a pregnant pause before my cousin started to talk again. "How would you know about the light?" she questioned. I answered, "Look in your mirror." They offered to meet me at the next service station so we can talk. I said, "I never go to that gas station, the traffic is too heavy," We turned down a side street and took another route. They did not try to follow, as far as I know.
I could not script something like this. Life is such fun.
Attachments
relativessuffer.jpg

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:14 pm

Busted! Don't you just love life's little pleasures?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:38 pm

Happy New Year.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:12 pm

FERRARI DESTROYED
Last night a Ferrari like the one in this CL advertisement drove under a left turning trailer. The occupants had to be cut from the car with The Jaws of Life.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/ct ... 49968.html

https://www.google.ca/search?sxsrf=ACYB ... 64&bih=586

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:13 pm

I used to drive a Triumph Spitfire and remember thinking as a semi once passed me, how easy it would be for my car to fit under the trailer.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:09 pm

This situation is a WTF for me because it is in a semi residential neighbourhood with a 50k (30mph) speed limit. A big truck trailer combination is moving slowly in a left turn and it should have been seen from more than a few blocks away. How fast was the sports car moving to be able to cover that distance and not be able to stop? I travel that way several times a week and the intersection can be seen clearly for 10 blocks. The intersection is at the bottom of a hill.
I do not like to see any exotic car destroyed at any time. These exotics are common on our streets, I barely take notice when one passes. There is an R8 Audi across the lane. Someone drives a Rolls Royce I see on our street. A Veyron owner shops at the neighbourhood grocery store. And so it goes. There are three 1940 Fords in a two block radius. Now that is rare.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Yesterday, I was in contact with the man who bought my motorcycle. He said he has pancreatic cancer. Just over a year ago, he was given 6 months to live. Yesterday was the fourteenth month since diagnosis. The man is 61.He has no illusion of living much longer. The cancer has gone into so many other places.
If you are getting into this age, get your prostate checked. I had my PSA test and a prostate check. I had cancer. Immediate treatment probably saved my life. This was in 2004.
He gifted the motorcycle to his best friend.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion