Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

Our South Coast has been hit really hard by wind often exceeding 100 kmh. The BC Ferries have been shut down all day because of three meter waves. The public pier in White Rock partially collapsed and left one person stranded at the far end. He was rescued by our Coastguard using a helicopter. Trees have been falling on the hydro and houses across Vancouver.
This is the first year that we have not had one of those rag and tube carport covers. I do not seem to be able to get a year out of each one. The wind funneling between the two houses across the lane destroy the flimsy structure.
Attachments
WIND DAMAGE 2018 01 21.jpg
wind damage
WIND DAMAGE AT NEIGHBOURS.jpg
wind blew the fence over
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:08 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Attachments
far-side family.jpg
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:13 pm

The snow started yesterday. It has been cold enough to keep the snow from melting. The Weather Channel suggests the snow could be with us plus some additional snow for another few weeks.
My daughter borrowed my Ram 4X4 so she could get to work today. Her front wheel drive is not any good in the snow. She bought new tires that are rated for snow. The tires are only a few weeks old. She is shopping for a newer all wheel or four wheel drive.
We do not get snow very often. Because many of the streets are very steep, it takes very little snow to stall the city. Yesterday all of the steep roads were closed to traffic until they could be cleared.
Our back porch and sidewalk to the shop have about 25 cm accumulated snow.
Attachments
KB bringing the tree home.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:21 pm

I think many of us have reached for the door lock button when someone suspicious was walking towards us. I wish the electric door locks were not so loud. :t1812:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:44 pm

I bought a BlackBerry PRIV on the first day it was released. That was just over 3 years ago. The PRIV has been the perfect smartphone, for me.
I dropped the phone on concrete and the screen cracked. The battery life is suddenly half of what it used to be and the phone gets hot.
Time for a new smartphone I got a really good deal from TELUS, my provider. I have been with TELUS Mobility for 37 years, or so. I bought a Samsung S10 plus. The retail for the phone is nearly $2000. I got a deal at $680 and a two year contract. The list of loyalty rewards is long and includes free calling in Canada.
I really wanted the soon to be released Samsung Fold, but my BlackBerry is dieing now.
These new Smartphones are capable of so many things. TELUS have offered a free training session. I signed up. This old dog needs to learn some new tricks. Licking my a$$ is acceptable, but not a trick in 2019. I still do fetch. Fetch is required :lol: to survive 41 years of marriage.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:17 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:. Licking my a$$ is acceptable, but not a trick in 2019..

Nikki, that is one image I don't need and can't get out of my mind. Thanks an bunch!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:45 pm

It would be impossible, for me, without inflicting a personal injury, to attempt something like that. I was more likely figuratively speaking. Brown-nosing is something I get a lot of when persons want something for nothing or want access to my shop. Sorry, the shop is closed. Thanks for asking, but the answer is no.
I am very good at , sit, stay and no barking.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:32 pm

I have been watching an ongoing series of You Tube videos from OgerVision. https://youtu.be/rOlYPvFLcLE
This very popular video series is centered around vehicles parking in a well marked tow-away zone and then getting towed away. The added notes and sometimes commentary add to the fun. Watch for the ominous drumbeats when the tow-truck shows up.
The tow truck operators really know how to make fast work of their jobs. I hope someone get some fun out of this.
BTW. You Tube has awarded this channel the silver button.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:34 pm

What happened? I slept in today. When I looked at my cell phone, the time was 11:23h. My wife made brunch then went shopping with our son. My daughter was at work and the house was quiet. I fell asleep while watching a dumb YT video.
I woke up to find a case of 30 Coke Zero on my desk. I use a stainless toolbox for a file cabinet and refreshment storage.
Then suddenly the day was over and it was time for supper. I had to get Lloyd to help me sort out some login problems. All of the went well. That man is a genius.
I want to watch the CBC National News and then Colbert. That is it for me. Retirement is so difficult.
Attachments
STAINLESS STEEL TOOLBOX.jpg
Stainless "file cabinet"
COKE ZERO.jpg
Coke Zero

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:51 am

Always happy to help anyone if I can, genius, nope, just a simple retired guy. Thanks for the kind words.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion