Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

I don't work anymore, not going any ware. https://www.kstp.com/pages/traffic/traffic-map.shtml. 840 AM

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:28 pm

I am at that age where I am losing a bunch of long time friends. My Dad said this was going to happen. Dad died at 72, I am older than Dad, now. 130280
I look at the call display and have that moment of OH OH. My Friend just called to say his colon cancer has returned after a few years of being cancer free. I have to admit that I am more upset over this than he appears to be. I could tell, from his side of the conversation that he has been thinking about his situation. He went on to say he has had a great life, a good wife, a great job and long retirement to enjoy his motorcycles and old engine collection.
My friend, like me and other persons my age, are taking the options of cremation and no celebration of life service.
https://youtu.be/aXVKutuSi8s
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:50 am

Nikki, 5 years ago I had 12" removed from my colon after a colonoscopy revealed I had cancer. I am very lucky that it was caught early and needed no chemo or radiation therapy. Last week I had my bi-annual cat scan and lab workup, everything is great. The oncologist told me the longer I go without a reoccourence the better my chances of never contracting cancer again.

Since my cancer surgery I have had my carotid arteries cleaned, an aortic valve installed, and most recently a total knee replacement.

Every day for me is a gift and it sounds as if your friend has a great attitude about his situation, I wish him the best.

I also wish to be cremated and not have a service, but not anytime soon I hope, but you never know. I will be 70 next week, I hope . . .

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:51 pm

OH CANADA
My wife's friend was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer. Three weeks later she had a double mastectomy. From there she went into chemo treatments followed by $1500 injections. After a time she had breast reconstruction. Cancer has appeared in other areas and she starts radiation today. This treatment has cost her nothing under our Canadian health system.
She said that she would not have taken the treatment and put her family into debt if they had to pay.
My wife and I wish her well as she goes through this difficult time.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:36 pm

Give me anything with a Gardner engine. As MY friend used to say about them, lay a piece of glass over the top and put it in your living room, they make a great coffee table. They are sweet little engines, and smooth too.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Good Video

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:30 pm

I met a man at coffee, yesterday afternoon. We enjoyed our covid19 coffee break, me in my 2002 Ram 2500 and he in his RR. We were parked door-to-door.
He likes my 1940 Ford. His 1935 Rolls Royse is wonderful. This RR is as quiet as a Tesla. I was told, parts for the RR are available, for a price.
This RR and another RR he has at his home are available for hire. The hire includes a chauffer
I would not have thought any RR would be the size of a 1934 Ford four door. All four doors are hinged at the back. I find right-hand drive a bit off putting. The RR doors close with a firm click like a bank vault.
Attachments
at the neighbours.jpg
1935 Rola Royce.jpg
1935 Rola Royce.jpg (38.73 KiB) Viewed 3565 times

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:49 pm

The RR is cool, I like your Ford. Have you had the 40 on the road yet? Been waiting.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Sorry to keep you waiting, Mister Kevin.
Everything is “mise en place" except me. I have been not well but life is getting better along with the weather. I have done little else other than rodent patrol in the shop and some light shop upkeep. I have Doctor's appointments in-between lab appointments and old age is relentless in it's pursuit of spoiling my daze (sp)
I am turning a few pieces in my Myford lathe. My daughter's 10EE Monarch is out of service for new wiring.
Craigslist is getting better and I have found a few things that I could not live without, bought and brought home. This is my therapy and medication for covid19 cabin fever. My Ram 2500 needs unloading ASAP.
Attachments
HUOT 2.jpg
taper shank drill index
TUBE BENDER 1.jpg
RIDGID 608 Heavy-Duty Instrument Bender, 1/2"
Drill press Vise Grip.jpg
Vise Grip hold-down
10 drawer cabinet.jpg
Heavy duty 10 drawer bolt bin (still in my truck)
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion