Freedom of Choice

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:30 pm

Re: Freedom of Choice

Fauci changed his mind every 3 or 4 days. Not years. It is all about the money and everyone knows it. There is not any real money in using treatments that work.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:09 pm

Money or lack of it doesn't explain failure to show results in large double blind test when they were run. Profit motive doesn't make the lack of provable test results. I support those treatment that CAN prove their results in double blind test.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:56 am

I'm somewhat skeptical of a theory of misconduct at that level as well , but Kennedy alleges that the testing was skewed in that they tested late term patients with a high dose, hydrocloriqine is effective in a lower dose early in the onset, and is effective in combination with zinc, azithromycin, vitamin d3 in preventing more serious complications, per his book. I know from my personal experience that either the vaccine is effective, or the virus is not as transmissible as reported in that I, as previously stated was able to remain covid free with 2 occupants of my house infected. I did a little googling on Kennedy and his book and there are some discrepancies in his narrative, but then again google is supposed to be in on it. All that being said there is enough information to support whatever version one is leaning towards, and in regard to the original topic of choice, I would think that my choice should affect me alone and we'll have to see where the pieces fall, and that the division is most harmful us on the whole, and thinking in terms of big picture may be the best approach, who benefits more from our division?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:34 pm

I've heard the "early low dose" argument also, but what that fails to take into account, is that many who don't get real sick recover anyway with, without or despite the drug. That is why you need large test pools and repeatable results with a double blind test. Because someone test + and was given a drug and recovers doesn't mean the drug is responsible for that recovery.
We now have some anti virials that show promise in early stages, but they do not do enough for the sickest people to be a "rescue" drug to counter-act Covid. While I would never say they are worthless, they have limited use and it is better never to get sick in the 1st place.
The one thing we do have that has shown to be highly effective is the vaccine. No drug is 100% effective and there will always be those for which it didn't protect them, but when efficacy rates are compared, nothing come close to the vaccine.
Drug trials in a pandemic are esp fraught with ethical dilemma's The ideal test is not ethical. You would infect each person with the same does of the virus, lock them in isolation and give 1/2 a placebo and 1/2 the test med and see what happens. We can not and should not do that. So we have to test large peer groups to account for variable between people and how or if they get exposed to the virus and if they infected naturally.
Previous

Return to Non-IH discussion