Help id'ing this Ford bellhousing

Just keep it clean please....

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:33 am

Help id'ing this Ford bellhousing

So I started cleaning out the garage, getting ready to start my KB project. I went through the parts that the previous owner of my KB had in the bed and took a closer look at the bellhousing that he claimed was for the KB. Its clearly stamped Ford, and isnt close to the one thats on there now. I did a little checking and Im thinking its from a Model A. Can anybody on here positively identify it? I know its not IH, but the collective knowledge here goes well beyond that.

Thanks!

Allen
Attachments
DSCN8340a.jpg
DSCN8347a.jpg
DSCN8345a.jpg
DSCN8344a.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Re: Help id'ing this Ford bellhousing

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Thank you sir! I knew it wouldnt take long to identify here.

Allen

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:57 pm

I had a 1927 Model "T" Made in Canada four door. I bought it from one of the guys I worked with. He wanted $400. The "T" was complete and completely taken apart. There were buckets of new and used parts and bearings that had been left out in the weather. The buckets had filled with rain-water.
This "T" was rust free and the original paint was not too bad. The seller had the pieces spread around his home, from the kitchen cupboards to the drawers in the laundry room where he found the carburetor.
The engine and transmission was strapped to an appliance moving cart. A few days after I got the cart home and into my shop, I was visited by the company police/security guys. They said they were tipped off about my having stolen company property, in particular, an appliance dolly. A short description of how I ended up with the cart and I was in the clear. The asshat seller had called the company security.
I loosened the strap, removed the engine/transmission with my shop crane and I agreed to return the cart when I went to work the next day. Needless to say, but, I had some less than kind words for the seller.
My son and I were driving my R120 near home when a Ford Model "T" frame and wheels passed by, on a trailer. I got the driver to stop and offered to sell him and or his passenger my '27 "T". I was offered $4000 for the "T" and after faking some reluctance, I agreed to the offer.
The buyer paid cash and we loaded all of the parts and engine/transmission into his pickup. The axles and frame went on top of the other "T" frame on the trailer. A few days later, my son and I put 2"X5" planks across the box of my R120, strapped the "T" body down and drove a few hundred kilometers top deliver the body.
Side note: I have a 150+ collection of real Vise-Grips. My son and I had clamped the Model "T" together with more than 20 Vise-Grips. This made showing the car to possible buyers a better event. NO, I did not include the VG with the sale.
I wish I had a few pictures. This was before Smart-Phones.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:36 pm

Great story! I love most cars, antiques, and almost every dog I ever met. One of the best things about all 3 are the stories behind them.

Allen

Return to Non-IH discussion