Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: Corona Virus

Lost the 1st person in my "circle" to Covid, Not surprising given how fast it is spreading here. I fear this will be the winter of 'services". ****!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:55 pm

condolences

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:09 pm

Same here Cornbinder, sorry to hear that. The numbers are going up where I live too, it looks like we are going to have a rough winter ahead.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:27 am

It is sad but not un-expected given how things are going. There is little mask wearing and most are "over it" here, until it strikes, then it is a tragedy. Because it took so long to makes its way in rural states, many here thought they were immune, and let down their guard, leaveing themselves and others wide open. Yesterday we had over 2100 new cases in 24hrs. (in Iowa)
I expect this to be the 1st of many I will know this winter. I hope that we can keep the mortality rate low, but it is going wreck lives no matter.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Condolences.

England will be going into a 2nd national lockdown from Thursday, lasting a least a month. The announcement came on Saturday evening and the panic buying starting on Sunday. I think there will be more to come on the new year. People are stupid and fed up with all the rules we have to follow. Its these people that it is causing it to spread. Weekly reports of parties, raves etc with hundreds of people attending.

The government are going with a slogan, Hands, face, space.

Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:41 pm

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:18 pm

I am left to wonder how many I know will be taken, I know this was the 1st in my orbit and will not be the last.
My wife and I debated going to the service, on one hand, we can't do anything to help, on the other, is it more dangerous than going to the store? In the end, we felt our presents WOULD help, and risk is not much if any, more than going to town for less important reasons. If they were less close to us, I wouldn't go, but they were truly welcoming to us when we moved here and made a point of including us in their lives.
Right now Iowa is in far worse position than it was in April or May when everyone was hording things and worried about contact. Very few seam concerned, but the numbers don't lie, the rate of infection and hospitalization is headed in one direction UP.
Science is NOT a belief or a faith, it is the search for facts, does that mean we will not change as more is known, of course not. Those that seek to discredit science by pointing to changing positions, don't understand the nature of science. Religious dogma can remain constant as knowledge grows, that is the nature of religion, it is a faith despite evidence. We know how to slow this, we CHOOSE not to, more is the pity.
BTW I am avoiding contact with others, until I can be sure that I didn't catch it at the service.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm

One of my few remaining friends just lost his wife to cancer. He did not tell anyone until a day after the private COL. He told me he did not want anyone coming and putting themselves at greater risk.
My Dad used to say, "If you live long enough, you will not have any friends left." I think Dad was correct on two levels.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:31 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:One of my few remaining friends just lost his wife to cancer. He did not tell anyone until a day after the private COL. He told me he did not want anyone coming and putting themselves at greater risk.
My Dad used to say, "If you live long enough, you will not have any friends left." I think Dad was correct on two levels.

Sorry to hear of your friends loss. When my father passed away at 90 all his friends and siblings had preceded him.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:21 pm

Today's stats are alarming
In USA three persons die from covid19 every two minutes.
In Europe a person dies from the virus every 17 seconds.
In Canada our death rate from C19 is 3 per hour. British Columbia has added one virus related death today. We need more persons to cooperate.
I went for a lab test appointment today. The staff were dressed in hazmat suits. I wore my mask and followed the hand-wash rules.
There was an anti mask protest group of hundreds of morons gathered in Downtown Vancouver. They could not provide any science to support their protest. It seems like this rag-tag gathering did not have a common goal or leader. It is legal to protest, in Canada. reckless endangerment of others is a criminal offence including arrest and and chargeable. 13415
Attachments
ME 2.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion