Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:34 pm

Re: Corona Virus

https://www.whatcomcounty.us/3427/COVID-19-Data

And i am sure that even these number are inflated which is really sad.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:39 am

hattrick4467 wrote:Not true. They just raised the death count to 42 from 39. This was after they were forced to lower the coumt 5 times. People being reported of dieing with Covid when they were nver tested. This is because the hospitals are given $30k for each Covid case. No deaths since early July. What else do you want? If you are high risk or worried then stay home and let the rest of us get on with our lives. Inslee is a complete joke. Period.

You are throwing out the misleading info. Hospitals don't get a blank check of 30K for each patient that dies of covid, rather that is the ADV cost it takes to treat one that dies, and is reimbursed by the gov via the "heroes act" Different agencies have different "rules" on how and what tests are required to count something as a Covid death. SOme require a PCR test, others count Antibody or antigen test toward the total. CDC was only counting PCR test in their totals. It causes differences in the total count between agencies.
Covid "deniers" are trying to use the adv cost to say that hospitals are changing death rates to get a win-fall profit, 1st that is fraud, 2nd it cost a lot to treat someone who is sick enough with Covid to require hospitalization, that is why the avd cost is so high.
Another favorite is that Covid isn't listed as the primary cause of death, on the death certificate. Many die of either respiratory failure or heat failure, this is what cause the to cease living, but Covid is what brought on the failure, Those teo causes are the most common failures listed, but that doesn't mean they are not Covid deaths!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:12 am

What is the lefts reasoning to keep it going? I can only think of one. I am not saying Covid is not real and serious. What I am saying and the number show is that young people generally do not die from it. There is 1 death in Whatcom County with an age under 40. That was with all thr exposures we had here with the protests, migrant workers, and a couple large graduation parties where 30+ were infected. Secondly something like 94% of the deaths have occurred in people with an average of 2.6 medical conditions. If you factor that in the question is how many of the 200k+ would have died anyway? Not all but some if not many.

Again I am not saying it it not real or serious but the risk is very low if we just do the common sense things that can help. Kids are going back to school here locally and also south of us in Tacoma. Hopefully all will go well.

To summarize, If you are older and have mild to serious health conditions then stay home. If you are worried about it then stay home. Let the rest of us get back to work. I am retired myself but speak for hardworking Americans.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:32 am

What is keeping it going, is not wearing a mask and not keeping distance and interaction to a minimum! If we did those things it would stop.
In Iowa we have had over 1000 new cases every day (on adv) for weeks, and we are a rural state.
You only need to look at other countries like Canada to see the difference.
Now we are seeing a spike in 15-45 year olds in hospitals due to it. At present we are somewhere around 10% or less of the population that has been exposed and over 205,000 deaths, care to extrapolate that out to what would be the death toll with 70-75% of the population exposed?
At about 10% of the population with exposure it is easy for many not to know someone who has been afflicted, and say why are we still being asked to distancing etc, Those that know someone, ask what more could we have done? Every week there is someone on the news who said "I was one who wanted to go back to work etc, and am now in the hospital, or my loved one died from it". I get tired of hearing these people, who scoffed at those that were taking it seriously and now found out they were wrong.
Most places ARE back to work, with a few exceptions like bars, and I think those people should be taken care of. We have a death toll that exceed any other developed country and if you take deaths per 100,000 is still near the top. Most of the smaller countries have had it go through their population we have only a small faction who have been infected so far.
This isn't a political disease, it effect all regardless of political view, but has been downplayed by Trump for politcal reasons. Your action effect me and mine effect others, We need to work hard to contain until we have a solution (vaccine). Compare Canada's numbers to ours in any like for like comparison and the contrast is stark!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:25 pm

The news is going nuts reporting the POTUS and FLOTUS have covid19. Sadly Hope Hicks tested positive, also.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:48 pm

One the good news front. Trump finely posted something positive, his results from a covid test. (I know, dark humor)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:28 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:One the good news front. Trump finely posted something positive, his results from a covid test. (I know, dark humor)

If he makes it through this I wonder if he will stop down playing the seriousness of the pandemic and encourage his followers to wear masks and social distance.

I am not someone to wish death on a person so for Trump only to be seriously ill and when recovered I would hope he would come out the other end as a humble and compassionate human being.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Binder Mike wrote:
I am not someone to wish death on a person so for Trump only to be seriously ill and when recovered I would hope he would come out the other end as a humble and compassionate human being.

To paraphrase "Jaws", I think we are going to need a longer tunnel!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:20 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:
Binder Mike wrote:
I would hope he would come out the other end as a humble and compassionate human being.

This did not happen.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:28 pm

This is the first year I cannot go in the Vancouver Sun Fun Run, because of covid19. I usually don't enter the run because I am overweight and have bad knees.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion