Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Re: Corona Virus

Last month in the U.S.A. someone died of Covid 19 every 80 seconds . . . it is what it is I guess.
Last edited by b4autodark on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:19 pm

So, you are saying that 63771 3⁄7 people died in the month of July in the United States of Corona? Hmm, interesting

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:55 pm

Right now only 1.5% of the US population has been infected, the death rate for those who have been infected is around 3.2% Unless we can get a vaccine to prevent it, we have a long road ahead of us. As it has move from the early epicenters on the coast to more generalized infections throughout the country, we are seeing a rise in the infection rate, hopefully we can lower the death rate.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:18 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:Right now only 1.5% of the US population has been infected, the death rate for those who have been infected is around 3.2% Unless we can get a vaccine to prevent it, we have a long road ahead of us. As it has move from the early epicenters on the coast to more generalized infections throughout the country, we are seeing a rise in the infection rate, hopefully we can lower the death rate.

I hate to be Debbie Downer but as of last April the virus had mutated 243 times. That's a hell of a moving target to hit with a vaccine, chances are pretty slim they will come up with one that works. Secondly people (the majority) that contract Covid 19 and survive but will then be in very high risk of contracting chronic ailments due to the virus. Say if a person has respiratory issues it attacks the lungs, stomach problems, then gastro intestinal issues, may also effect the heart and other organs so to get it and survive may set you up for life long health issues. The best scenario for the time being is to follow all the precautions to avoid catching it. I think we are going to be up Schitd's Creek for some time to come.
Last edited by Binder Mike on Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:37 pm

Something that has become obvious here is a significant jump in the number of covid19 cases after a long weekend. The under 30 are being tested positive. The often wreckless behavior can affect others. Social distancing and wearing a mask can make it more difficult to "hook up", so caution and safe practices are not followed.
It takes the careless actions of a few persons to destroy any progress the community has made.
Just when I think it might be safe to go to my favorite eateries, the actions of a few set the community safe rules back weeks.. :t0116:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:15 pm

nikkinutshop wrote: Social distancing and wearing a mask can make it more difficult to "hook up", so caution and safe practices are not followed.
:t0116:

Brings to mind the "body condoms" worn in the movie "Naked Gun"!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Sturgis annual motorcycle rally in South Dakota. Been there myself a number of times over the years. In a normal year attendance has been around 500,000 people. Incredibly this year the town voted to have the rally over the objection of many of its residents. It goes to show that money *Trumps* common sense. While the attendance numbers are down this year 250,000 bikers still showed up. Reports and live web cams show that almost no one is wearing a mask or social distancing. This is going to create a huge spike in Covid cases plus these people will be bringing it back home to friends and family in all 50 states. I find it hard to fathom how stupid and selfish this group of non mask wearing, freedom loving, Covid denying people are!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:02 pm

I passed thru the area last Friday, the 1st day of the rally. While not as many as normal, far too many for me. I didn't stop until Chadron, NE. I don't think I'll be heading back through that area until after the rally is done, but I'm sure Covid will be hanging around there for a while!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:14 am

I just read that NZ had its first "community spread" ( meaning they can't tie it to someone bringing into the country from outside) in over 100 days! Not good! Also the 2nd confirmed case of canine death in the this country from Covid19. Both cases, it was past from human to dog. Also there have been several feline cases both in domestic cats and zoo (large) cats. All human to cat transmission.
If you have pets, keep that in mind, don't spread it to them if you get sick.
It seams the aforementioned ability to mutate Binder Mike mentioned, means it has found way to infect animals that we thought it could not, or would not get them sick enough to die. Most often body temp and other things keep diseases from easily jumping species, this time that seams not to be the case.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Unfortunately i think covid 19 will be here for many years to come. The young who do not seem to care will one day become older and may cause them problems they do not yet see. I live in England, we had started to really get a grip on it and bring the numbers down, although we really do not have a good survival rate. We are now however seeing spikes in certain areas. We opened things up far too quickly and i can see a 2nd lock down coming.

In other news it was announced today the UK is now officially in a recession.

Stay safe. Luke
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion