Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Re: Corona Virus

bedrockjon wrote:
Yes He does work in mysterious ways. But I don't think its accurate to say "you can and will die from it ..." I think it more accurate to say you could and might die from it... A coronavirus tracker put up by Johns Hopkins University of Medicine shows that more than 73,000 people worldwide have recovered from Covid-19 so far. I never said I don't believe in it - it exists and its real and I am definitely in the "at risk" group - late 60's with only fair health and if I am ever infected I would not go around contaminating others - I would take any and all quarantine steps the doctors and public officials dictate.
I don't have a "higher" connection with God than you or anyone else could have, if they so choose it. He loves you, and everyone else as much as He loves me. I'm just saying I hope this virus scare will encourage everyone, who has not done so already, to consider pursuing a closer relationship with God. But my bullet proof attitude stands - I Know He will protect me. He already has in other remarkable ways the past few years.

Thank you, Sir, for your reply here and thank you everyone for helping me in some of the other posted sections of this web site forum.
Bless you.

Sadly you don't get it at all, figuring that god is protecting you so you will go on about your life UNTIL you get symptoms, is being blind, irresponsible or just plain stubborn,

I never said I don't take precautions or put other people at unnecessary risk (and He is protecting me regardless if you believe that or not). I just said I don't cower like a scared rabbit in a rabbit hole. I still talk to people and help other people with their life's problems or circumstances in any way I can.

Many many people who put their faith in god rather than the scientists are already dead, Virus unlike you does not believe in god, it takes both parties to agree for both to accept as true,

Truth has nothing to do with both parties agreeing or disagreeing. Both parties can agree to an untruth and that does not make it true no matter what it is.

you think god will protect you, virus says otherwise,

My God is stronger than any virus and bigger than this whole virus problem. I'm sorry that yours is not.

if you want to put your faith to the test like a southern believe and handle snakes that's one thing, only you die if your faith turns out to be wrong,
But if you put people around you at risk of death because you "believe" then you are doing the devil's work for him,

Once again, I never said I would put anyone around me at risk. But "unbelief" is the devils work, not belief in God.
Thank you, Sir, for your reply.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:05 pm

I never said I don't take precautions or put other people at unnecessary risk (and He is protecting me regardless if you believe that or not). I just said I don't cower like a scared rabbit in a rabbit hole. I still talk to people and help other people with their life's problems or circumstances in any way I can.

Well ,you are contradicting yourself, If your god is protecting you then you don't need to take precautions,,,unless you have some doubt about him protecting you,

just because we believe in science doesn't mean we are hiding in a rabbit hole, but we aren't assuming the same guy who decides the winner of high school football games will step in front of the virus,,

My God is stronger than any virus and bigger than this whole virus problem. I'm sorry that yours is not.

apparently not, as a whole lot of a congregation that refused to quarantine is testing positive, and if your god IS stronger than why do you need to take precautions?
so either your god ignored them or is punishing them?

I do not have a god, I don't believe in fairy tales,

lady eats an apple gets evicted and has to wear clothes,
lady eats an apple goes to sleep till a rich guy kisses her,
lion rewards a guy for pulling a torn out of his foot by not eating him,
lion realizes a guy knows the same guy as him who lives on a cloud so he doesn't eat him,
lady looks over her shoulder and turns to salt,
guy looks at a girl with snaky hair turns to stone,
guy gets eaten by a whale emerges some time later fine,
wooden puppet and his buddy get eaten by a whale and emerge some time later fine,
a young guy kills a giant with a slingshot,
a young guy kills a giant by chopping a bean stock,
a snake tells a girl to eat an apple,
a frog gives a scorpion a ride,
a man is strong because he has long hair,
a man is strong because he eats spinach,
a man builds a boat big enough for every animal on earth, but decides to leave all the dinosaurs and unicorns behind,
guy finds a goose that lays golden eggs,
guy spins straw into gold,
guy turns water into wine,
guy puts on wings and flies,
guy takes off sandals and walks on water,
guy plays a flute and rats follow him,
a guy and his girlfriend/sister are the parents of every single human on earth,

which are fairy tales which are true events,

a guy told me if I don't believe I'll live in purgatory for eternity, BUT he also told me that if seconds before I die I pledge allegiance to your god, I get the exact same perks as you do after you spending a lifetime praying and paying money to his middle man, hardly seems fair, but that's my loophole,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:23 pm

bedrockjon, I really enjoyed your post. I totally understand and support your thoughts. My childhood was filled with that BS.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Religion or politics, neither side will sway the other whatever is said. In light of that maybe you're coming down a little hard on OD Steve. this seems to be going beyond right and wrong protocol for Corona virus and into your religion sucks territory. There's many paths to truth so who's to say which is right and what is real. I think this thread needs to get back on track with the pressing matters at hand.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:49 pm

The evening new reported that many restaurants that closed because of covit19 are stepping up and cooking and delivering meals to front-line workers at hospitals. Several motorhome and holiday trailer rental agencies are supplying safe sleeping places for the frontline workers so they do not have to go to their homes and put their families at risk. This community has really stepped up to do what they can to help. The government has supplied a coordination center to assist.
If ODS had kept his religion to himself, no one would know.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:06 pm

In the Southwest the Navajo Nation in the four corners region has been hit particularly hard with 215 tribal members testing positive and 7 deaths. In the case of the deaths it is equal to the number of deaths for the entire state of New Mexico. I've spent time in this beautiful and remote part of our country. It is vast and sparsely populated. I am saddened to hear this news.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/ ... 15214.html
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:53 am

bedrockjon wrote:

Well ,you are contradicting yourself, If your god is protecting you then you don't need to take precautions,,,unless you have some doubt about him protecting you,

No contradiction at all, and no doubt either ... just because I know He is protecting me doesn't mean I should jump in front of a moving train. It's said that one should never test the Lord your God. One must still act prudently in all matters.

just because we believe in science doesn't mean we are hiding in a rabbit hole, but we aren't assuming the same guy who decides the winner of high school football games will step in front of the virus,,

Science was one of my favorite subjects in school, but, you have to realize that God is not like some lucky rabbits foot you pull out and rub whenever you need something. If you don't first establish a relationship with Him you cannot expect much more than you would from anyone else you have no relationship with.

apparently not, as a whole lot of a congregation that refused to quarantine is testing positive, and if your god IS stronger than why do you need to take precautions?

I think I answered that above.

so either your god ignored them or is punishing them?

No, not either. And I don't have the all-encompassing perspective to answer why at this time. It might be easier to think of it this way ... a goldfish in a goldfish bowl sitting on a table has no idea or concept of the reality of the world around it. So it doesn't know why its environment must be shook up occasionally or what happens to some of its fellow fish. It would be very content to sit in its own murky waters all its life. But we know its water must be changed occasionally for the good of its life. And some fish grow too big to be kept in the same bowl, and others are just plain bad apples that must be removed.
I know, bad example, but its the only analogy I can come up with at the top of my head to explain why some people die sooner than others.

I do not have a god, I don't believe in fairy tales,

lady eats an apple gets evicted and has to wear clothes,
lady eats an apple goes to sleep till a rich guy kisses her,
which are fairy tales which are true events,

You have a God regardless if you acknowledge Him or not. And I can understand your confusion if you read these "stories" from the perspective of a 6 year old. Read them again from the perspective of a thinking, analyzing, intelligent adult and you will see the meaning and symbolism in a much deeper and much more profound way. Using a study Bible and Concordance which explains every word with the original Hebrew meaning, you will find many "stories" are not at all what they appear to be from a child's perspective.

a guy told me if I don't believe I'll live in purgatory for eternity, BUT he also told me that if seconds before I die I pledge allegiance to your god, I get the exact same perks as you do after you spending a lifetime praying and paying money to his middle man, hardly seems fair, but that's my loophole,

Well he was very wrong in telling you that. Sounds like something you would tell a little child to get them to behave. Only God, and no man has the perspective to judge you and tell you if you are going to heaven or hell. And there is no mention of the word "purgatory" anywhere in the Bible. That's a totally uninspired man-made-up concept. As to who gets the same perks, again only God can say who gets what. I don't believe that statement has much foundation either. I believe it has a lot to do with what is in your heart. A man can have the goodness of God in his heart and not profess it to other people, and perhaps not even admit it to himself.

But we are getting far off the topic of this thread - the virus and how it's effecting people's lives. If you want to continue this conversation I would be happy to. But let's do it in another thread. If anyone wants to start another thread called something like "What has God done for you" I will respond and perhaps, if anyone is interested, I will tell about some of the supernatural miracles I've seen and have been a part of the past few years. But for now, for the sake of others wanting to only discuss the impact of this virus, I think this ends my "religious" discussion in this thread location.

Bless you all and, Sir, thank you for your reply.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:47 pm

Binder Mike wrote:Religion or politics, neither side will sway the other whatever is said. In light of that maybe you're coming down a little hard on OD Steve. this seems to be going beyond right and wrong protocol for Corona virus and into your religion sucks territory. There's many paths to truth so who's to say which is right and what is real. I think this thread needs to get back on track with the pressing matters at hand.

Normally I give a crap if you believe in the Easter Bunny Jesus flying spaghetti monster or nobody,

Right now the reality is the Christians are refusing to believe this virus is true, they are filling churches and then going out into the general population because they think they are protected, And Binder Mike, That sucks

This is criminal, other religions so far seem to be following quarantine,

I get that you think I'm being hard on his religion, it is because his religion and he are endangering many many people with their arrogance,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:55 pm

in this particular thread Religion has EVERYTHING to do with the virus subject,

preachers are defying quarantine, people of faith are flocking to churches and then going to the store and other public places with misconception they are safe,

Very few groups are defying quarantine, Hard right who think it's fake, fanatics who thinks Soros created it, and the religious who think they are immune or protected,

Dr Fauci explained the curve and what happens and what will happen if we don't follow the guidelines,

Think of it this way, having some states and some groups only following quarantine and allowing others is like having a peeing area and a no peeing area in a swimming pool,
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion