Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:31 am

Re: Corona Virus

As someone in an essential business (making lab equipment for testing and vaccine research) and being the pandemic coordinator for my factory this has been the most sobering realization of my life. For some it really is just about the money. This virus will teach us important lessons on caring for each other and the planet as a whole. I stand at the door screening employees every morning and every evening. I talk to them about their fears, and point them to reliable data sources. I go home unable to sleep, knowing that I can only control their work environment... sadly many Americans tend to take their freedoms to mean "I got mine, scr*w you" and are still out and about when they dont need to be. Even if you are healthy, even if that friend you just had to hang out with is healthy..... think about those you might contact that have a loved one that this could kill! I would be crushed to know I was an asymptomatic vector that killed granny!
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:44 am

wndsofchng06 wrote:As someone in an essential business (making lab equipment for testing and vaccine research) and being the pandemic coordinator for my factory this has been the most sobering realization of my life. For some it really is just about the money. This virus will teach us important lessons on caring for each other and the planet as a whole. I stand at the door screening employees every morning and every evening. I talk to them about their fears, and point them to reliable data sources. I go home unable to sleep, knowing that I can only control their work environment... sadly many Americans tend to take their freedoms to mean "I got mine, scr*w you" and are still out and about when they dont need to be. Even if you are healthy, even if that friend you just had to hang out with is healthy..... think about those you might contact that have a loved one that this could kill! I would be crushed to know I was an asymptomatic vector that killed granny!

Very well said!
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:46 am

Wind's I have thought about things I never thought I would ever have to think about. How to mitigate the effect on those I love if I were to get sick (or even die) while out.
I am presently only taking loads that are vital to health and well being.
It seams that most of the stuff moving doesn't fall into that category. While things are shut down on the consumer level, most business to business trade continues. Some is vital, but most isn't.
Outside of fuel and food purchase, my contacts are limited to the shipper and receiver and both had protocols in place before this to limit spread of contagion, but the thinking was before Covid-19, animal to human, or the spread between farms.
Isolation isn't fun and it is against human nature, but how well we do will determine how bad it gets.
There are so many on the "front lines" that will be vital to the success of the fight. Thanks for being one.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:58 am

Binder Mike wrote:[
Very well said!

Thanks
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:00 am

cornbinder89 wrote:Wind's I have thought about things I never thought I would ever have to think about. How to mitigate the effect on those I love if I were to get sick (or even die) while out.
I am presently only taking loads that are vital to health and well being.
It seams that most of the stuff moving doesn't fall into that category. While things are shut down on the consumer level, most business to business trade continues. Some is vital, but most isn't.
Outside of fuel and food purchase, my contacts are limited to the shipper and receiver and both had protocols in place before this to limit spread of contagion, but the thinking was before Covid-19, animal to human, or the spread between farms.
Isolation isn't fun and it is against human nature, but how well we do will determine how bad it gets.
There are so many on the "front lines" that will be vital to the success of the fight. Thanks for being one.

Truckers are very important to keeping very vital life and safety supplies moving! I am very grateful for healthcare workers, truckers, and all those working to keep us healthy and heal our sick!
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:12 am

If the virus gets a deep foothold in the transportation sector, we will have to see the National Guard step in like you see in 3rd world places, delivering supplies and food. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:16 am

cornbinder89 wrote:If the virus gets a deep foothold in the transportation sector, we will have to see the National Guard step in like you see in 3rd world places, delivering supplies and food. I hope it doesn't come to that.

I hope it doesn't either!
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:44 pm

I am sad for those who get the virus and pray for their well being. But for myself personally I don't fear the virus at all. Perhaps I'm in denial but what I really think is that I just have an absolute belief that God will protect me. I have been the recipient of more than a handful of incredible miracles the past 4 to 5 years. I don't take any unnecessary chances but I also don't worry about or lose any sleep over getting the virus. My hope is that the scare of this virus will bring people to seek a closer relationship with God.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:00 pm

Just remember that it is said "god helps those who help themselves"! I am not loosing too much sleep, but I am aware and concerned. Not only for my own well being, but for others I may run into. I checked in with a disabled couple I know and used to live down the road from me, but now live the next town over. I offered to do any shopping for them. I know they will not take me up on it, but I think it is important to stress the need to be careful. Both have "underlying conditions" that would make them susceptible to it.
I am staying home and only going out when the load is important. Only going to town once a week for shopping, and trying to keep busy.
I am not stressing over it, but am not pretending it doesn't exist either.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:05 pm

BB11H4Aa.jpg
56 S120 4x4,
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion