Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Re: Corona Virus

Reading about truckers on either side of the channel wondering if they will get home. Sounds like it is going to bad for a while longer.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Our news reports that most businesses are cooperating with Our Doctor Bonney Henry. The big clash is with many churches. It appears that the church groups have taken this as an attack on their freedom to practice their religion. I am a little surprised and very disappointed with this. The Provincial Health rules are non political and not an attack on religious freedom. I am thinking that if a local bar and a bunch of hookers are able to comply. why not the evangelical leaders??? Ranting against the government, from the pulpit, is not going to help make this covid19 event go away. 14980
Organized public gatherings, including churches have been receiving violation fines, some over $10,000.
I used to meet with a bunch of retired guys from work at McD's. For some of the guys this was their only outing. We did not wait for McD's to ask us to stay away until things got better. A few of us have been keeping in touch on the phone.
I heard a famous religious leader say, Tough times never last, tough people do.
I was told that a few major restaurants have set up food trucks at highway rest points to feed and coffee the heavy truck drivers.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:08 am

We are getting the same down here. I don't understand it either. To my knowledge there is no edict in any religion that requires a minimum number of people to get together before it "exists". Radio and TV have (at least in the past) services for "shut ins".
In my view the religious tenant's that say you shouldn't harm others would be the ones to abide by in this case.
But hey, what do I know, I don't practices any organized religion, but try to live the most important part of all, treating others and other species the best I can.
Another "ugly American" went to a Caribbean Island to watch her boyfriend compete in water-skiing, and decided she didn't have to comply with the 14 day quarantine, she is now on a 4 month quarantine in a cell there and is crying to the US government! No sympathy here! What is worse is she was a Med student, who should know better. It would serve her right if the school expelled her. They make people wear an ankle monitor for 14 days, so she can't claim she didn't know, she took it off!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:08 pm

An American Teen And Her Boyfriend Are Facing 4 Months In Prison In The Cayman Islands For Breaking COVID-19 Rules https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ta ... ands-covid
Let sit in prison.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:36 pm

That's the one I was referring to, I might have got a few of the facts wrong but the jest of it hasn't changed.
Bo-ho, I don't want to be held to account by the laws of the country I am visiting.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:16 pm

Got my 1st of two Covid shots last week. Felt a little under the weather that night but that was it. I'll be glad when I get my 2nd.
It will make me feel better when spending time with my Folks. My Father doesn't have much time left, and I was afraid I wasn't get to see him until Covid was under control.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:40 pm

CB My wife and I both got our 1st Moderna shots on February 11 and our 2nd on March 11 last week. After the 1st go round we both felt fine and just had sore arms. After the 2nd we both felt good that day but the next day we both felt achey and had constant low grade headaches, no appetite, joint pain. Saturday morning I woke up and right away knew it was over and we both felt great.

My Dad died on March 12, 2016. He didn't have to go through this and thankfully the past administration also. He was a lifelong blue collar union man, a WW2 vet that was in the Battle of the Bulge as a motorcycle courier and what has happened to our country as of late would have saddened him terribly.

Enjoy the time you have left with your father and ask him all the questions you can think of. I miss my folks every day.
B4

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:20 am

I was on the state vaccine site for 3 weeks. The 1st time I got an email, I had 2 choices, one was 3 hours away the other was two hours away. I did not reply. The next day another email to come to the stadium for the J&J vaccine the next day. Done deal
Be safe.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am

In our state is is handled by county. My wife got me signed up when she signed her self up. She is older than me so fell in the 1st cohort. Once the CDC guidelines were out, I found I qualified to be done. She updated my profile and I was in.
I'm glad to have the 1st and will be "Johnny on the spot" for the 2nd. Those that don't want it, well all I can say is thanks for getting out of the way.
I know it is not 100% effective, and still "experimental" but it has proved itself better in the only test that matters (blind tests) than all of the quack claims made by our former admin.
I've got more on my plate than I care to handle at the moment, so if I can get some help dealing with Covid I'll take the chance.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:19 pm

It has been about a year since this thread was started. I decided to go back and re read the first coupla pages.
It is sad, but the estimates we were given proved to be undercounts, and actions taken or refused at that time look worse under what we know today. Live with something long enough, and the unthinkable becomes the reality.
With double masking and maintaining distance, I have been able to see my father face to face (six or more feet apart) but time lost with both my parents at this critical time will never come back.
As someone nears the end of their life, day and weeks become lifetimes, and we have lost a year of lifetimes that can not be made up or replaced.
Its not over yet, but a review of the past year has been an eye opener.
I urge those that haven't to read a few pages at the beginning of this thread.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion