Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Re: Corona Virus

I am scheduled for my "shot" next week. The drive-through is 10 blocks from my home. I do not have to get out of my truck.
This covid19 event has really tossed a big fxxk into the lives of so many persons, including my own. I used to be able to pick from a few contacts on my cell. I have one person left, outside of my immediate family. I have known this friend for over 50 years.
I am going to call my favorite cousin right now. She lives in Alberta. We are the same age. :t0117:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:25 pm

Nikki, there are some down here that point to me getting a shot before you as proof that the Canadian health system is flawed, what they fail to understand is, it is NOT our health system than is procuring, distributing and administering the shot, but OUR FEDERAL and state health depts that are doing that.
Our government out bid, out muscled their way to the front to get the doses. However I feel about that, it is NOT due to for profit health care that is at play. It is precisely that very "feared" Government run health that is getting us the shots.
As much as I am glad to get mine, I support others at higher risk going before me. Some are saying the poorer nations shouldn't be included in distribution until those "that paid for the development" of the drugs are vaccinated. Like Polio and other world pandemics, we all aren't safe until we all are safe! "Me first" thinking doesn't make us safe.
If we, down here were forced to go through our "normal" health system, nothing would be paid for (it is preventative not curative) and there would administrative costs added.
I hope all goes well for your shot, I felt a little under the weather after it, but it cleared up quick.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:21 pm

British Columbia has the highest percentage of old age persons, higher than any other provinces. These persons are older than I and they often live in care homes. These elder persons get the needle before me. I am delayed about a week and I am 100% OK with this.
I was listening to my neighbour go on and on about not wanting to get a prick in his arm. I suggested that he should be okay with it, because he has had a little prick in his hand most of his life. I will not be having to deal with him for a while, now. 18145
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive
Previous

Return to Non-IH discussion