Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 pm

Re: Corona Virus

One of the things this drug does is reduce inflamation which is a factor on what route Covid takes on you. One of the things they try to do with Covid is shut down your immune response to it due to the fact that thisbis what causes allnof the issues in your lungs. Again, not a cure but can have a positive impact on some it appears. Fauchi is the one that initially said not to worry about this and no need to shut down the borders, He was also the one to say that masks were not required. Where would we be if we had not started doing that before he said it was required. Far from an expert for sure. 40 years in the swamp. Rand Paul made that pretty obvious in a couple of hearings he questioned him.

With all this said, everyone needs to take care of themselves as well as be thoughtful of others. Not the case when there was 10,000 protesters in our town 2 feet apart and many with no masks. I guess protests are OK according to Fauchi. The young crowd does not seem to take this seriously.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:26 pm

ONCE AGAIN, NO random/Blind study shows any improvement, your speculation on what it might or might not do is not bourn out by random testing. If it had an effect on the well being it would effect the test subject vs the control subjects in a random test.
I agree there is no difference if a gathering is political or protest, if outside it does help disperse air but the reasons for the gathering have no effect on the transmission rate. It is one of the reasons I have not attended either gathering.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:32 pm

So the numbers on the Ford study are not valid. Interesting...
Here in our county they have had to adjust the death rates due to Covid19 down three different times. Pretty sad. You say believe the science and the numbers then don't skew the numbers.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Two points on the doctor, 1st masks were discouraged for the general population for two reasons, 1st was the need to provide protection to medical professionals with the available masks we had at that time and 2nd our knowledge on an new virus was limited, how it was transmitted and what would be needed. I don't expect someone to be an expert on something the world hasn't seen, I do expect that they will share what they learned as they learned it.
I will point out no one else was pushing for mask use in the general population at that time, and many are resisting the use even today when our knowledge has increased
The Ford numbers are not a random test, if you control who gets what, you skew the results.
Death rates vary as we learn how to treat, how to test and how much testing we do. Death rate or any measured thing is going to change as the pool of subjects grows. In the beginning we could only test the most sick and only the sickest were admitted to hospital. As our understanding of the virus grows and we understand better how to treat we can bring the death rate down, I for one, am glad we are making progress, I don't feel it is wrong to update your stats as you learn more.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Bottom line is very few if any young people have symptoms and very few die. Just as many young people die from the flu. Even if the Ford study was not blind they gave it to all of the people that had Covid that they thought it would help and it did.What else do you want? Fauchi is a joke and on both sides of every issue. Trump would have dumped him along time ago if it was not so political. Politicalnmonster like many others. He is not an expert period. He has experiences with airborne illnesses but hides behind the unknown. Give me. breK.bWhile Covid 19 is different it has many similarities on how it is transmitted and spread.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:22 pm

hattrick4467 wrote: Even if the Ford study was not blind they gave it to all of the people that had Covid that they thought it would help and it did..

No you can't draw that conclusion, they gave it to people some got better, that doesn't prove or even indicate the drug and ANY effect. Some people do get better, in fact most do, to say a drug was the reason it has to be a random test where a large number of subject are randomly divided into two group, every is kept the same between the two groups except the one thing being studied, then the result are compiled and compared, anything else is not a valid test. Anything less is conjecture and can be effected by many things. The larger the group the more it "weeds out anomalies" from things that can't be known and accounted for. Random assignment is the key.
I the case of the Ford study those with heart conditions or high blood pressure were excluded from the Hydroxy group , and are also those that are at high risk for complications from covid. Also those taking Hydroxy that were not discharged from the hospital were delated from the study, both skew the outcome. Lastly the results weren't all that promising even with all the skewing factors.
Yeah people die for many reasons, we have a constant backround of influenzas in country, but we have exceed annual deaths from flu in 6 months starting from one or two cases entering the country. the percent of population that has been infected is currently in the single digits This virus is far more communicable than the flu, it passes much easier from person to person than the flu, and has already exceed the annual death rate. Both mean a far greater percent of the population will be exposed and infected and a great number will die
I don't know if you don't understand how tests are designed can skew the outcome or you don't want to know because it doesn't fit your mindset.
I have nothing against Hydroxy, it is good and effective for somethings, just not Covid or at least it has not been proven to give positive results in ANY random/Blind tests.
I can trot out (as has been proven) a doctor who thinks fibroid tumors are caused by have sex with demons, it doesn't make it true!
"While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010."

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:04 pm

You have provided nothing to say it does not have affect but just provided your opinion since you dont want it to work like so many other. Part of the problem in my opinion. Nothing personal. Just listen to yourself.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:11 am

Science can't prove a negative, it can only prove that something does work. The proof is a random/blind test. It is the gold standard use to evaluate all drugs and therapies . It is the test used to approve drugs for market.
It is not my "view" or "opinion" that the drug has failed in these test, it is the FACT that the drug has failed these test.
I have no emotional investment in the drug or any drug that can pass that test to be useful on Covid, I desperately want a drug that can be effective and pass a random test to prove its worth.
I've tried to explain why random/ blind tests are used and why they are the most accurate in determining the drugs effectiveness.
You don't have to believe me, but it is required by the FDA to clear a drug for use on a disease. All drugs brought to market must pass a random trial.
It is YOU that have an opinion or belief in a drug that has been unable to pass a test REQUIRD for for marketing as a drug that will help with Covid.
All new and many repurposed drugs already on the market, get tried in small studies with less rigorous standards, if they show promise they move on to large random test. The early test only weed out the drug that don't show a chance at being useful, because they make it pass the first cut doesn't mean they are of any use, only that they might be. The random test proves if they are useful, and in all trials Hydroxy has failed at the random level.
Here is something that might show promise, needs more and larger study with peer review, but in a very small random test shows promise. We need to spend money on more studies of drugs that haven't been tried (and failed) than another study on one that has.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... d=msedgntp

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 am

A later and more balanced/in depth report on interferon. Bring up the short comings in the study and why more study is required.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/20/worl ... -beta.html
we need to put our resources toward a wider range of drugs to have any hope of finding some that will be effective.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:02 am

It is time to change gears and move on. The facts are clear. They are accepted or rejected by each person. This forum has a friends and foes section. I use it. It works for me. Try it.
Support The Lincoln Project. It is on YouTube.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion