a car you don't see often

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Re: a car you don't see often

The 2002 is a rare car now I had 1968, 1600-2, a 1970, 2002 and 1973, 2002tii. These were the standard the other cars were measured against.
    I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
    Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
    Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am

Mine went to the father of an old friend's dad who is a big bimmer guy. It was a hell of a car but as the family grew it became too small. I've looked for another one once or twice in the past ten years or so and haven't found one I'd be willing to spend money on.
    46 K3
    52 L110
    68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
    Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:18 pm

When I moved to Vancouver almost 50 years ago, Porsches were a rare sight. Porsche drivers would flash headlight at other Porsches. Air cooled Volkswagens were everywhere. I have not seen an Air-cooled Beetle in a very long time.
    Ferraris were seen less often than Porsches. My friend Peter owned the only Lamborghini Miura SV I had ever seen in this area. British cars like Jaguar, Triumph, Austin Healey and MG were common. An occasional Rolls Royce would get my attention.
    Suddenly, the air cooled VW Beatle has become the rare car.
    New Canadians with lots of money have made the exotic car a common sight, here. Vancouver has the reputation of being the Exotic car capitol of North America.
    About 5 years ago, I went to our local Buy-Low Foods. I backed my motorcycle into a parking stall near the door. When I came out a Bugatti Veyron was in the next stall.
    About a year ago, I was eating my McD's b'fast when a green Lamborghini Gallardo pulled in next to my Ram truck. The owner and I chatted for a bit. He, in jest, offered to trade straight for my Ram2500 4X4 Diesel.
    A local Greek restaurant owner often shops at Canadian Tire. He drives a Ferrari V8 cabriolet.
    In this neighbourhood there are three very rare1940 Fords. I have a '40 Deluxe, a man in the next block has a '40 Standard and two blocks up the street there is another '40 Deluxe. There was a Mercedes Maybach in the private underground parking when I went to a local shopping center.
    Back when I used to drive my IHC R120 every day, it was rare to see another Old Binder. I have three of them in storage. I have not seen another vintage IHC on the street since I retired my "R" 10 years ago.
    I have owned about 150 cars and trucks since I turned 16 years old. The car that I have worst sellers remorse over is a 1964 356SC. Number two on that list would be a 1973 911S. Number three would be our R120.
    I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
    Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive
    Previous

Return to Non-IH discussion