tumblr_7788205b00c39bf350cc6cc7283abcd6_d40d1283_500.jpg
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:43 am

Re: Corona Virus

:t2102:
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Made it to Great Falls, my favorite Chinese food place ( in Billings) was open for take-out but they are struggling. The Denny's in Great Falls ( at the Flying J) is still take out only but have moved how you have to order and you need to pick it up at the emergency door.
What I'm finding that has changed the most is parking. It is rare for the truckstops in Montana to fill up at all, and now they are getting quite crowded mid day, and by early evening you may have trouble finding a place.
I really don't know why it is, it is possible as restaurants cut back their hours, truckers are shutting down earlier. Fewer are running thru the night. It could be loads are getting hard to find, so some are stuck with nowhere to go.
The truck next to me has a load of roofing shingles, essential?
I unload in the morning, and then "putting it in the wind" for home. I am covering my costs, but not really making money, but compared to those who may loose their business and others that may loose their home I have little to whine about.
My big fear is I will be 4 days from home when my wife needs to get to the hospital and there is no one to make sure she is safe, and no one to take care of our animals. We have one that I know would not survive be left on their own. I called my brother who live 1 1/2 hr away to ask if he would step in and get our neediest to the vet for boarding and spread food until I can get back. I have already taken steps if I get sick on the road. I hope I will not have to "activate" any of this.
in almost 30 years of trucking, I've never felt so far removed from home and what that might mean.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:39 pm

nikkinutshop wrote::t2102:

The joke being Keith Richards has lived a most self destructive lifestyle for decades,alcohol, tobacco, drugs yet manages to out live much healthier people, If anyone of the Rolling Stones mask or no mask were to survive the epidemic it would be Keith.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:56 pm

cornbinder89 wrote:Made it to Great Falls, my favorite Chinese food place ( in Billings) was open for take-out but they are struggling. The Denny's in Great Falls ( at the Flying J) is still take out only but have moved how you have to order and you need to pick it up at the emergency door.
What I'm finding that has changed the most is parking. It is rare for the truckstops in Montana to fill up at all, and now they are getting quite crowded mid day, and by early evening you may have trouble finding a place.
I really don't know why it is, it is possible as restaurants cut back their hours, truckers are shutting down earlier. Fewer are running thru the night. It could be loads are getting hard to find, so some are stuck with nowhere to go.
The truck next to me has a load of roofing shingles, essential?
I unload in the morning, and then "putting it in the wind" for home. I am covering my costs, but not really making money, but compared to those who may loose their business and others that may loose their home I have little to whine about.
My big fear is I will be 4 days from home when my wife needs to get to the hospital and there is no one to make sure she is safe, and no one to take care of our animals. We have one that I know would not survive be left on their own. I called my brother who live 1 1/2 hr away to ask if he would step in and get our neediest to the vet for boarding and spread food until I can get back. I have already taken steps if I get sick on the road. I hope I will not have to "activate" any of this.
in almost 30 years of trucking, I've never felt so far removed from home and what that might mean.

Consider at this point you have done your part and that there are others out there with less pressing needs at home that can keep the supply chain intact. Maybe it is time to stay closer to home and hearth. Myself I am a giving person but family comes first. This is a tough decision for a person of your moral values but taking some down time may be the right thing.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:14 pm

Oh, I am, I only go out when one of these load of feed needs to go, and I am hoping that those that need it are well stocked and can wait. I wouldn't mind if this was the last load moved this month.
That being said the virus may step in an make the point moot.
When I am not moving one of these loads, I am at home, not leaving my property.

xxl

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:09 pm

lbesq wrote:Thank you CB for starting this Thread, lets try to keep it factual. The other one had devolved. If Politics "needs" to be brought in, please put that in the Correct area. I look forward to Shared information. Lots of finger pointing here in the States will do NO One any good. I will attempt to read All links, as I like information.

Lloyd,
Do you know how there could be 400 cases of Covid-19 in Blaine County, ID?? This doesn't make sense to me. The Johns Hopkins website; https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6 shows 410 cases in Blaine county and 385 in Ada.....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:57 pm

live kind ...

Starting to see and feel the impact among my friends, two are down sick one on vent one not..

Appreciate the link hope it helps in the struggle ..

Be safe - sm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:09 pm

Binder Mike wrote:
nikkinutshop wrote::t2102:

The joke being Keith Richards has lived a most self destructive lifestyle for decades,alcohol, tobacco, drugs yet manages to out live much healthier people, If anyone of the Rolling Stones mask or no mask were to survive the epidemic it would be Keith.

Yep, the joke is when it's all over, Keith Richards and cock roaches will be only things left,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:10 pm

Binder Mike wrote:Given these last three posts I really we wish we had a like button on OLDIHC.

I ALWAYS look for the Like button! I agree,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion