politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Re: politic on the board

Betsy DeVos will make it all better.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Did anyone even know why we killed him in the first place? Our Embassy was getting attacked and he ochestrated the attack. What the hell is the Iranian general doing in Iraq attacking our embassy? It would have been different if we have hunted him down in Iran. Which i would have been in favor of also. You can disagree with why we are in Iraq in the first place which i am fine with but if we are there we should be able to protect ourselves.

If you side with a terrorist what does it make you?

Sorry. I could not help myself.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:08 am

One can be troubled by the method and reason without being upset by the outcome. How would we feel if Iran hit our president with a missle? An assignation is different than a battlefield kill. Both end up with someone dead, but there is a difference, one is much more likely to start a war, while the other is a cost of war. To the dead person it makes little difference, to those who have to deal with the consequences it can make all the difference.
To question the action doesn't make me a traitor, it makes me concerned about where our country is headed, where our morals lie, and how our judgement is.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm

One might even say it was a grandstand play by a faltering administration with an impeached president with an approval rating dropping even lower to rally some support by putting us on a war footing. Terrorism needs to be combated but for decades now we have been bogged down in an endless war on terror that seldom even makes the news anymore. Of all the possible targets why this one and why now? The administration has yet to give us evidence of the need to carry out this assassination. It troubles me that our president who evaded the draft during the Viet Nam War now takes such an aggressive stance taking an action approved only by himself of questionable legality that sooner or later (more clandestine reprisals to come). will cost us in lives. Under these circumstances I don't think it makes one a traitor to question the action or the motives.
56 S120 4x4,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:14 pm

The local news and the Federal Police describe a gang war going on here. Mostly this is happening two cities over, yet only 20 minutes from here. Someone known to the police gets eliminated and in a few days another person, the police say is from rival gang, also known to the police gets eliminated. The police describe this as retaliation of one gang against the other.
Newton's laws of motion of classical mechanics, all forces occur in pairs such that if one object (action) exerts a force on another object, then the second object exerts an equal and opposite reaction force on the first.
While Newton was referring to mechanics I think these rules may apply to politics and what the news reports here and from over there. This is a dangerous game that can go on almost without end.
One side of this fight wants to throw some meaningful punches, knock the opponent out, get out of the ring and then go home to their pet Lassie dog and pickup truck. The other side of this fight is willing to die for their cause and not go home. Without an easily identifiable combatant, how will a rising retaliation be noticed. I wish the security forces all of the good luck they will need.
I hope that someone at a higher level stops poking a stick in the "hornets nest".
I think it must be difficult for our Prime Minister to remain on talking terms, with the neighbour while distancing himself and the country he was elected to lead.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:00 pm

You mean your dope smoking corrupt Prime Minister? You know as well as i he should not been reelected but i respect the vote like other are not able to do here. I have dual citizenship so i can say that. The impeachment here in the US is a joke and will be over on Friday. Trump will win reelection in a landslide in November and i am not a Trump supporter but consider myself a Trump defender. I support our election process and the constitution win or lose. The terrorist we killed was responsible for 600+ deaths of US military personel through multiple presidents. Not disputable. The guy should have been taken out years ago. Both republicans and democrats love war due to all of the money they make and how much power they gain. It drives them crazy that Trump hates war and always has. He just wants to avoid it through the show of strength. I am glad we can agree to disagree. I agree lets go work on some trucks!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:03 am

I love how those who would defend Trump in Impeachment, claim the Democrats are trying to overturn an election? What the %^&*? If successful, it would remove ONLY Trump for his action, Mike Pence would be the Pres, not Clinton. How is that overturning an election? it is holding one person responsible. Those that repeat this mantra started by Trump either don't understand what it does, or think the whole government is one person, either way they are mislead. The Republican administration would stand as would the current balance in congress.

I will add that I don't think he will be convicted by the Senate, few do, but many felt the action were so egregious that some action had to be taken to rebuke them.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:55 am

If you follow the impeachment testimony you would know that there is no impeachable offence. If you watch the witnesses testify in the house hearings you would have heard that that they denied everything Trump has been accused of. The transcript was released and that pretty much ended it. Everyone who watches CNN or MSDNC talks about all of these crimes and wrongdoings. There was none. There were policy disagreements yes. You can dislike how he communicates. Those are not impeachable offences. There has never been a US president removed from office by impeachment. There have been 21 impeachments that have removed people but they have all been judges.

It was Hillary Clinton and the DNC that interfered with the 2016 election. This has all been documented in the IG reports. There will be more to come with the John Durham investigation. Comey, Clapper, Brennen, McCabe, Stzrok and other will be held accountable. While I am definitely one on the right I feel the entire system is so corrupt and the reason they hate Trump is he is calling them out.

It would be real easy to fix 95% of our issues.
1. Balanced Budget Amendment
2. Term Limits
3. No lobbying the federal government if you have ever held a Federal Office.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:02 am

The so called transcript sounded like a Mafia Don talking to shopkeeper with two of his enforcers in the shop. If that did it for you, so be it, not for me, or more precisely it did, for the other way.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:32 am

There was 15 people on the call and the transcript is a transcript of the call. The issue is that everything that Schiff and the democrats say was said in the call was not. The problem exactly. Watch very beginning of the defense opening where Adam Schiff is testifying in the house to what was said on the call. A joke and more than that embarrassing...He is a pathetic liar. No wonder he lives in California...And he keeps getting re-elected.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion