Sunrise Towing Service

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 am

Re: Sunrise Towing Service

We were talking about frame welding/ frame splices, etc. And not worrying so much...
Here's an early 2000s Ford F150. Check out the "joint" in the frame. About the same place as on a S-10.
The manufacturers make the front frame piece and then weld on the rear piece that manipulates wheelbase.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:21 am

Funky Chevy rear cab mounts are sagging...about $200pr revulcanized...NOPE! I'm going to try to insert some of my extra Japanese pickup cab mounts between cab and frame.
DON'T tell the CHEVY! It'll get BUTT HURT. :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:42 am

I'm going to use these cab mounts from a much newer...Don't remember...:)
Attachments
image.jpg
Good ol' Jack...
image.jpg
I just snapped my fingers and it appeared.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:08 pm

I'm having terrible luck with the two-piece driveshaft. The area where the center support goes is damaged. I have a newer 1970s Chevy one-ton driveshaft. It is different lengths, but it's going on.
This truck has a later SB Chevy and automatic in it. So the front driveshaft was different from original.
Now that I've shortened WB back to stock the rear shaft will need to be cut, too.
Pretty sucky.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Three months later I'm back at it. Between work, pneumonia and five acres of yard work I got WAAAY behind on this one.
Ovenight temps dropped about 25F and now Fall has begun. GREAT weather to work outside in!
So, I welded in two heavy boxing plates over the welded joint, cleaned and hit with some rust buster stuff.
I've got to finish the driveshaft fiasco, shorten exhaust, and connect brake and fuel lines. I'll replace rear brake hose, of course.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Previous

Return to Non-IH discussion