SECOND HAND STORE FIND

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:45 am

CRAIGSLIST

Much of the stuff I buy is here for a short time and then it goes to a new home. There is only so much money a seller can get for used anything, so the profit is made at the time I buy something.
The $$$$ go to fund the next good deal. I keep the MADE IN NORTH AMERICA machines and tools for myself. Most of my well equipped shop was found on Craigslist. I found and bought the contents of a 400 square foot storage garage containing hundreds of L and R IHC truck parts and two pickups. Nine pickup loads of Old IHC piece came from this place. My son's L110 Shorty with Cummins 4bta 4X4 build were all parts on Craigslist and bought one piece at a time. The supercharger and intercooler, wheels and a few other parts for my 1940 Ford build were found on Craigslist. Even my daily driver, a 2002 4X4 Cummins Dodge and then the canopy, wheels and tires and Dodge floor mats were found on Craigslist.
It has been enjoyable and educational most of the time. Time well wasted.

This is just a small time hobby that is being neglected lately because of my December, 2016 back injury.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:44 am

Re: SECOND HAND STORE FIND

You've inspired me to search on Craigslist before heading to the store for that next needed tool. Sorry to hear of your back injury. That can really side-line any activity.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 pm

CRAIGSLIST

My son was trying to install a new cover on our rag and tube carport canopy. The Kid said, "I wish we had a better step ladder. I went on my Blackberry and then Craigslist and found this ladder five blocks from here. I got it for $80. I was back home in 15 minutes and he finished the cover install.
Attachments
LOUISVILLE PLATFORM  STEP-LADDER.jpg
big boy rated
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Re: FRAZER ROTOTILLER

nikkinutshop wrote:Take a look at what arrived in today's mail. these manuals were considered to be used. Really, They are nearly perfect. Now I have to find some time to restore the two Graham Paige, AKA Frazer Machinery rototillers that followed me home from up The Valley.
There was another truckload of spares to go with these two derelicts earth munchers. The plan is to restore one and upgrade the other with more modern control levers. The 4:00X12 or 5:00X12 tubes and tires are only available in one place, so, I am thinking that a modern set of wide garden tractor wheels and tires might look interesting. Some of the wheels are in the local tire shop being dismounted. Depending on what I get back, These rims may be modified. I have lots of spares.

I received and offer I could not refuse and the Frazer Rototillers are sold. The new owner picked everything up this morning at 08:00h. There comes a time, for me, when I need to get control of my space and pass things along. My Dad used to refer to this situation as, "the tail wagging the dog."
Attachments
GRAHAM PAIGE ROTOTILLER BEFORE.jpg

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:57 pm

TWO Thumbs up Sir! It is indeed time to slim down stuff. That is also my conclusion and it makes my family happy.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:26 pm

In the next weeks, I am going to take a look at my vintage hit-and-miss engine collection. I may try to find new homes for some of them.
I felt some regret after the Rototillers left, but this soon passed. The money feels good and takes up so much less space.
I have collected tons of L and R sheetmetal, more than enough to fill a Wells Cargo Auto Wagon wall to wall and to the top. http://wellscargo.com/wellscargo-traile ... /overview/
There is more old IHC sheetmetal in the attic of the shop and in one section of the house basement. The carport has an "R" 8 foot box filled with L&R parts. I have 19 doors which include 10 right side and there are at least 2 NOS windshields, 5 tailgates, 20 fenders both left and right, 4 dashboards, 6 seat rails. I the frame inventory there is a short WB 1952, a 1953-4 R150 246 inch frame, and possibly an R120, although it may have been stripped. All of the gauges are gone and 3 mechanical tachometers remain. I have dozens of door handles, both inside and outside with matching window cranks. There are lots of inside the door linkages and window regulators. I found three really good OEM fuel tanks and several GMC van tanks that adapt easily to these old trucks. Did I mention headlight buckets, complete with the rings? I even found a very nice set of "L" front clearance light in glass.
I counted up to 20 running board struts and then passed on counting any more. There should be another 10 or so in the Wells Cargo trailer .
I found two parking brake cables that go from the under-dash handle to the transmission brake. I think there might be one more in the Wells Cargo trailer.
My son counted two complete "L&R" cabs in pieces plus lots of spares. And of course there is the "R" crewcab. If I do not get around to doing the Orrville Crewcab, Bernie of Chapter 38 IHC Collectors will get first refusal. The crewcab comes with a 24 valve Cummins, NVG 4500, NVG 241dld, Dana 60 axles and an 8 foot box and a frame to hold it all.
My daughter has shown interest in the crewcab. She is one of the few persons I know who could make something out of it.
Yesterday, while I was rummaging through some parts drawers and trying to put some order into the collection, I must have counted 20 sets of hinges. And the inventory count goes on and on. The collection of parts that have been piling up since 1984. Back in that time I used to get trucks for free and seldom more than a few hundred dollars. I was daily driving our R120 and it was the cayyalist that inspired persons to chase me down and ask me to take their Old IHC asap to save their marriage from an uncertain end.
I found hundreds of pages of IHC advertising that was cut out of old magazines. This clips come from swap-meets.
However, nothing will be for sale or free until our final IHC project is done.
Attachments
ORRVILLE 7.jpg
tail lights.jpg
IHC LB billet covers 2.jpg
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Wow. A bonanza.
Nikki, I've come to the same conclusion: Downsize.
My old truck parts aren't anywhere as nice as yours. They are more varied, though. :)
My kids could care less about this stuff. It's time to move the big hulks out of here. I'll keep what I can drive?
I have a few old truck acquisition deals still going on that need to be completed. Otherwise, it's time to remove the clutter.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:59 pm

I should mention that 14 old IHC trucks have been dropped off here since 1984. Maybe 4 of them went to new owners as running or restorable trucks. The others were reduced to parts. I had so much stuff, so I was not keeping any suspect junk.
I did not keep about 5 pickup truck loads of stuff, it went to a friend who has since resold all but a few pieces. This included engines, transmissions, and other drive-line parts. One an SD220 engine on a shipping frame. It was a dealer rebuild complete with an inventory list of parts that went into the rebuild.
I know Monsonmotors gets a similar feeling from getting and stocking stuff. Scoring the good stuff gives me a rush.
the first thing I did this morning was pick up my BlackBerry and check Craigslist for tools and then Cummins and IHC. I refuse to tell what I bought three daze ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:34 pm

CRAIGSLIST

I do not need one of these AKRO MILLS parts bins boards, but the price of $30 was to good to pass. This seller was about as far north in Port Coquitlam as a person can go without falling off the edge of the map. I was about to go home when another Craigslist seller called from White Rock about two florescent twin tube fixtures with diffusers. $20 and I was on my way. This seller lives about as far south as I can go without entering the USA. I need a minimum of two more florescent chassis fixtures.
Attachments
florescent light covers.jpg
light box for LED conversion
florescent light fixtures for LED conversion.jpg
akro mills parts tray board 2.jpg
AKRO MILLS PARTS BIN BOARD
AKRO MILLS parts tray board 1.jpg
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:14 pm

WHAT IS THIS TOOL?

PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion