No miles on this truck

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:17 pm

No miles on this truck

Truck has been a lot of miles and never touched the road. Since I purchased my 56 S truck back in 09 it has been to a few states. I bought my truck from a guy on Craigslist that bought it from a person in southern Texas on the Mexico border. He trailered it to St. Louis, Missouri and was told to sell it by his wife since he already had a street rod and he used the money they saved for a fence Lol. He even trailered it over to me in Troy, Missouri. I stripped this truck all way down to the frame and individual leaf springs to blast it and rebuild it. In the middle of this tear down we decided to move to Arizona so the wife could retire, truck was put back together and trailered again this time to Mesa, Arizona. Didn't work on it a lot in Arizona because of myself working long hours doing hvac work. After being in Arizona 8 years we decided to move back home to Wisconsin but this time to Appleton, Wisconsin. Yep, trailered again to Appleton, Wisconsin. This time I about lost the trailer and truck, looked out the window of our hotel room to see a couple guys checking out the hitch on the trailer. I had some heavy duty security chain and chained the truck through the frame to the trailer frame and through the frame on my 2021 Ram towing truck. Woke up in the morning to find out the hotel had called an off-duty cop to watch my truck all night, he sat next to it in his car. Again. Thought we were done moving. Nope found a nice little house sitting two blocks off the Mississippi river with a river view, yep trailered again to Cassville, Wisconsin where met a very good friend who owns the IH Tractor Museum, and he restores his old tractors and has machine shop in the back. He is ambitious to get my truck on the road but told me if I come home someday and my truck is missing don't look in his garage.
Attachments
truck.jpg
1956 S-102 Short Bed BD240

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:57 am

Re: No miles on this truck

Great story Ksever, I see the truck is blue now.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:02 pm

Still grey, haven’t worked on the body yet

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:56 pm

Thanks for the update! It's great that you and your truck are around again.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:15 pm

On the off-chance that you, and more importantly, the truck, happen to be in this area, the key is under the door mat with a blank cheque. Just fill in the amount, and leave the truck.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:20 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:On the off-chance that you, and more importantly, the truck, happen to be in this area, the key is under the door mat with a blank cheque. Just fill in the amount, and leave the truck.

Sorry Nikki, I was just through that area last week, didn't see this post. :t1809:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:35 pm

Are those LED headlights?
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Return to Non-IH discussion