Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:59 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

A home care health nurse came to our home to change the dressing on my leg and check on what we have been doing. I have an on-going situation that is not getting better. The nurse ordered that I go to the hospital emergency immediately. We had been following the instructions of my family doctor. Blood testing showed that I have a serious blood infection that could become life threatening. The emergency doctor put me onto an out-patient program. I spent 5 hours in emergency on an intravenous drip.
I have to go to the hospital every day for Intravenous. How long this will go on depends on what my blood tests show.
This getting old is not what I had thought it might be. :t2102: I was hoping for more garage time and maybe a holiday with my significant other.
The home care health nurse should be here in 15 minutes. All of this special care is covered in our health care. I am not charged for anything.
Attachments
BUM KNEE.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:09 pm

Bryan,
I feel your pain, literally, I had Cancer surgery Last Thursday and am convalescing slowly. Unlike you I have to wait and see how much out of pocket this will cost.
I will not be doing anything on trucks for a while either.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:18 pm

I am sorry to hear this, from you. this getting old can be difficult.
In the last few years I have lost a few friends who reached the end of their ability to cope and ended it all. I guess they measured the quality of life left for themselves and made their choices. I am not prepared to make that choice and leave my family to suffer my action.
We celebrated our 44 anniversary, yesterday. If it were not for her caring, I would be checking my options.
My son has been driving me to the hospital for out-patient-services.
I hope to get better. I have not been in my shop for 7 months

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:11 am

Yeah, getting old tends to knock the wind out of your sails just when you learn to make the most of whatever breeze comes your way! I am doing ok but have muscle spasms that have given me a window into what women face in childbirth. Ahh well I can't do much about it, so am hanging on for the ride. I know it will get better as my brother had the exact same thing last year and he is doing better. Thanks for the support.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:57 am

I know getting old sucks, I also have issues, I hope everything goes well for both of you guys.
kevin

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:45 am

Yes, age also has it's drawbacks I'm right there with you but wanted to thank both Niki and CB for the effort and dedication to the site to share the information they have accumulated , it certainly helped me in the big ticket item on my bucket list of restoration of this old IHC truck , and thanks Loyd and Jim also .

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:12 pm

manicmechanic: I called MAGIHC MIKE last night. He is doing well. He is enjoying good health and a busy life.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:52 pm

My son borrowed my 2002 Ram 2500 Diesel, yesterday. The tank was down to the last 1/4, so he decided to fill it. The price for Diesel fuel was $2.149/liter. He put 99.932 liters in the tank and this cost $214.75. I think it is disturbing when the price of a liter of Diesel is almost as high as a liter of water. :t0117: A large COKE ZERO costs less than the same amount of bottled water, at the local PETRO CANADA gas station.
My wife paid for the insurance on my RAM, today. She put herself on as the principle driver and changed me to secondary driver status. This saved us another $300. My insurance has gone down to less than half of what I was paying three years ago.
Attachments
2002 Dodge @Xing.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 10, 2022 10:56 pm

I went to have my eyes tested today. I was not surprised that I have some problems. I have lost about 20% of my vision. Until I get my new lens prescription, I am not allowed to drive a vehicle on public roads. Getting old is a terrible reward for a life well wasted.
The Optometrist is confident that my situation is temporary and mostly correctable with a new lens prescription. I am hopeful that my vision problem is temporary, like the Optometrist suggested.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 17, 2022 4:57 pm

I booked a return ride with our Handy Dart system for today's trip to the hospital. Both drivers made the same mistake. We live on a steep street and a roll-away is almost unavoidable, without attention to loading and unloading. A wheelchair has a high center of gravity and does not do well on a cross-hill. I was insisting that I be unloaded onto our front sidewalk and both drivers refused and tried to push me across the steep street. Both times the chair started to tip. There was a rush to keep me upright and disaster was narrowly avoided.
I will be returning to using my Ram 2500 for transport. I am able to get in and out of the passenger side of my, truck without risk to life and limb.
I am about 80% back to good enough to go outside. My shop awaits. 232380
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion