politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:21 pm

Re: politic on the board

You'd be hard pressed to find someone that would make think Trump is a better choice. That doesn't mean I have to like the choice I am forced to make.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:41 pm

I agree that it would be best for the country if Trump did not run again but I am afraid he will and that he will win. The polls of i dependents show what is happening.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:44 am

I think Biden may think the only way he can recover is through a war. As much as the left talks about being anti war they are war mongering swamp creatures. They are on the left and right. I prefer the peace through strength method. Cheaper too.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:58 pm

If I were in Ukraine right now I would be nervous. Guns vs. economic sanctions isn't a fight I'd want to wage, Bringing a calculator to a gun fight as the saying goes. I don't want to see bullets flying, but that doesn't mean they will not be. Without a united front, Putin will not be deterred.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:59 pm

Agreed.
One severe challenge we have is that the last time Russia did this under the Obama Administration we basically let them. And Biden was part of that crew. As rude and direct that Trump was this would have never happened on his watch. Guaranteed. At this point we have to deal with what is in front of us and hopefully do the right thing. I am not so sure this is not what Biden and his dream team want though. This is the swamp everyone hates and nobody is willing to deal with.

I still say we do three things.
1. Establish term limits (hopefully that are short and realistic enough to get things done.
2. Get a Balanced Budget Amendment approved. This way we cannot spend money that we do not have.
3. Establish very strict lobbying rules. Like if you have ever served in the Federal Government that you can never lobby the federal gov't in the future. This may have to be more narrored to be practical but hope you get my point.

These things would force people to go serve and want to serve and not worry about the next election before they get started. They will not have to worry about pissing people off to do the right thing because it will risk their reelection. Not spending more money than we have and by not paying interest on borrowed money we have plenty left to take care of our own people and hopefully enough to still help other countries too. The Lobbyist are powerful enough without intermingling private and public interests. This is the way the system works though so short of having no lobbyist I am not sure if there is a practical solution.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:50 pm

I uderstand how hard it must be to attempt to be supportive of the current administration. We have a real mess on our hands on every front. So many i wont bother listing them. Beyond very sad. Especially how quickly he has messed things up. Be hard to be this much of a failure even if you tried. Polls are showing this loud and clear. Pretty bad when Fox news has the least negative poll. Might want to do your homework next time! I called this and you all called me out on it. Where are all of you now?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:18 pm

Can someone explain why we would protect the Ukrainian border when we don't protect our own?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:49 am

Well, I hadn't heard the Canadian or Mexican army was amassed on the boarder planning an invasion, but I could be wrong.
"WE" are not protecting the Ukraine boarder, but are providing equipment and intel for Ukraine too, NATO may or may not be involved at some point.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:55 pm

You are correct. But don't worry about the terrorists coming across the southern border freely. I am sure they have no bad intent. Hopefully we do better than we did protecting the Crimean Peninsula under Obama. How did that go? The NATO situation is interesting with Germany needing the pipeline. Like I said. I am very sure Joe and the gang want this situation sadly enough. It will be the only thing that could possibly help his approval ratings. A little homework next time before filling out the ballot please.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:38 pm

Don't lecture me about homework! If the two choices we had in 2020 are the same in 2024, than my vote will be the same. I hope neither are on the ballot in 2024. Trump's approval rating never broke 50%, and spent most of the time in the low 40's high 30's about where Biden is now. That doesn't make either good. We now know what each is like as a president and I hope to god for better choices in 2024.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion