politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Re: politic on the board

Have you looked at the charts provided by the u US government on who pays the majority of taxes in this country?Lets just say there are not enough rich people. I vote for the Bernie plan where everyone pays taxes top to bottom. That would be a shocker. If you do not like the tax laws then change the laws. People ragged on Bernie and Romney about their tax rate. They did nothing wrong. I know your response will be the corporations that pay no taxes. How many taxes do these corporations by creating jobs for employees let alone the all of the taxes for the services that these employees use in their communities. Like Reagan said we do not have a tax problem. We have a spending problem. My solution is a balanced budget ammendmant and term limits. It would solve 90% of our problems.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 am

If you are critical of things that add to the debt, then you must also include the tax cuts. They provide no benefit for the country and have added to the debt. At least project that aren't fully funded provide some benefit to the country, we can debate if positives out weight the negatives.
It is both republican and democrat policy that have added to the debt.
No, you are not going to eliminate the debt and balance the budget on the backs of the very wealthy, but neither are you going to do by cuttings their taxes.
When Regan made is oft sited tax cut, they went from a max tax on the most wealthy of near 90% to near 50%, no tax cut since has "paid for itself" and they have been pairing away at that. Most economists who are not on either extreme , feel a max bracket of between 35% and 45% is ideal. It was where Clinton was able to run a balanced budget and have growth in the economy.
It is not possible to lift yourself from poverty when between cost of living and tax eat up all your income, it is why we have always had a graduated tax structure and all "flat tax" proposals fail.
Under both parties leadership the wealth inequality in this country has continued to grow at an ever expanding rate.
We are not going to balance the budget by taxes alone and balance budget law have been tried and fail. You can't run a war or deal with emergencies like 2008 and Covid with strict funding in the budget. It is why I and most people have a credit card, if you over use it, that is bad, but so is not having the ability to pay for things that come up outside of a planned budget.
To say we have to reward these ultra wealthy because they own businesses is absurd, one they already have their reward, and 2 it is small business that add most of the jobs and growth not big.
I don't think there is anyone who thinks growing the debt is an ideal solution to anything, but sometimes it is worth it, and others it is not. Both parties have done it to be critical of one and not the other is hypocritical.
Exactly what, as a country, did we gain from the Permanent tax cuts for the wealthy? the small and temporary taxes cuts for the low end did provide some relief, but that is fleeting and set to sunset in the near future, its sole purpose was to make the cuts for the rich palatable for the masses.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 pm

CB, Many very good points and agree that the issue is on both sides but the far left is another story. Tax cuts were good for America under both Reagan and Trump. We were bringing many jobs and industries back to the US and creating more jobs hence more taxes. With the booming economy there is no excuse not to work towards balancing the budget as well as solving many of our problems. One major issue we have is that around election time nobody wants to talk about the real issues like Social Security, Taxes, Heathcare, Border Security etc. They just want to talk about all pf the crap that matters but does not move the needle. Again, Balanced Budget Amendment and Term Limits and most problems would get solved one way or the other.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:06 pm

Man. Joe Biden is killing it isn't he.
Record Inflation-if cpi was calculated as in the 70's
Record Illegals coming across the border. No vaccine required or covid test needed-follow the science.
Record low Covid tests available
Record people leaving the workforce. Unemployement seems good though.
Record low approval rating.
The guy and his administration is a joke. He would be in real trouble if the economy was not so good going into covid.
Carter 2.0.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:52 pm

Hattrick ,

Lets Go Brandon , his whole team and their supporters

Be safe -sm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:57 am

Harvey,
Let's Go Brandon says it all. CNN, MSNBC and others call it insulting the president but if you step back and think it is all about the media covering for him as they always do and they got caught again. I see now even Brandon himself is taking advantage of it. LOL.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:50 pm

There is absolutely nothing funny about it , or them,
I wish it were not so... may they all rot in hell !

Be safe -sm

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:32 am

Wow. That speech was a nightmare. He prepared for 4 days and that is the best he can do? You guys starting to have buy-in remorse now? Like i have said before it is a very sad situation that the DNC and especially his family put him up for this.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:34 pm

No remorse what so ever, I don't want to give my country to a megalomaniac who want to overturn elections he doesn't like. If that mean we have to choose between someone who is not great over someone who would destroy the government, than yes I will take mediocre over Trump. Remember, he has never won the popular vote, the majority never wanted him and still don't.
When we were in the primary phase, I was no supporter of Bidens, but when the choice is between the two we had in 2020, it was an easy choice to make.
I do not say Biden has been a great president, but he is the better of the choices we had.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Biden is already saying he will not trust the election in 2022. The same as Hillary did in 2016 and still claims.Biden is corrupt as they come. Great choice. The reason why the left and right do not like Trump is that he disrupts incompetance and corruption. I will take the tasteless tweets any day. Even the FBi does not call Jan 6th an insurection. The only reason they are talking about it is to try and change the 2022 elections. It is game over. Biden is so incompetant it is hard to believe. I said it before he became president. I know that is hard to accept. I do appreciate you attempting to make an argument but there is no winning that one. You will probably vote for Hillary in 2024. Even the polls show the dems do not want Joe in 2024. That by itself is unprecidented. Joe blames his policy failures on the republicans but his only party does not have the votes. He thinks people are stupid. He has never been known as the brain trust. Even Obama said that.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion