Corona Virus

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:56 pm

Re: Corona Virus

overdriveSteve wrote:I am sad for those who get the virus and pray for their well being. But for myself personally I don't fear the virus at all. Perhaps I'm in denial but what I really think is that I just have an absolute belief that God will protect me. I have been the recipient of more than a handful of incredible miracles the past 4 to 5 years. I don't take any unnecessary chances but I also don't worry about or lose any sleep over getting the virus. My hope is that the scare of this virus will bring people to seek a closer relationship with God.

a couple Pastors decided to hold services anyway,

The congregations has numerous positive cases, some of the church goers have died,

god works in mysterious ways,

The thing about viruses is they do not care if you are rich or poor, black or white, Republican or Democrat, Christian, Muslim, or Atheist,
you can and will die from it even if you don't believe in it, you MAY have a higher connection with god than others, But if you go around and infect people who aren't on his favorites list like you are, you are killing people thru ignorance or unwavering faith, either way same end result,

I would hope for your friends, family, and strangers you run into you rethink your bullet proof attitude.
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:47 pm

Put better than I did, Thanks Jon.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:40 am

bedrockjon wrote:
overdriveSteve wrote:I am sad for those who get the virus and pray for their well being. But for myself personally I don't fear the virus at all. Perhaps I'm in denial but what I really think is that I just have an absolute belief that God will protect me. I have been the recipient of more than a handful of incredible miracles the past 4 to 5 years. I don't take any unnecessary chances but I also don't worry about or lose any sleep over getting the virus. My hope is that the scare of this virus will bring people to seek a closer relationship with God.

a couple Pastors decided to hold services anyway,

The congregations has numerous positive cases, some of the church goers have died,

god works in mysterious ways,

The thing about viruses is they do not care if you are rich or poor, black or white, Republican or Democrat, Christian, Muslim, or Atheist,
you can and will die from it even if you don't believe in it, you MAY have a higher connection with god than others, But if you go around and infect people who aren't on his favorites list like you are, you are killing people thru ignorance or unwavering faith, either way same end result,

I would hope for your friends, family, and strangers you run into you rethink your bullet proof attitude.

Yes He does work in mysterious ways. But I don't think its accurate to say "you can and will die from it ..." I think it more accurate to say you could and might die from it... A coronavirus tracker put up by Johns Hopkins University of Medicine shows that more than 73,000 people worldwide have recovered from Covid-19 so far. I never said I don't believe in it - it exists and its real and I am definitely in the "at risk" group - late 60's with only fair health and if I am ever infected I would not go around contaminating others - I would take any and all quarantine steps the doctors and public officials dictate.
I don't have a "higher" connection with God than you or anyone else could have, if they so choose it. He loves you, and everyone else as much as He loves me. I'm just saying I hope this virus scare will encourage everyone, who has not done so already, to consider pursuing a closer relationship with God. But my bullet proof attitude stands - I Know He will protect me. He already has in other remarkable ways the past few years.

Thank you, Sir, for your reply here and thank you everyone for helping me in some of the other posted sections of this web site forum.
Bless you.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:52 am

overdriveSteve wrote:
if I am ever infected I would not go around contaminating others - I would take any and all quarantine steps the doctors and public officials dictate.

Bless you.

I think what Jon and I am trying to say, is you need to take steps even if you are "not" infected. By the time you are show symptoms it is already too late and you could have spread to others. Also some are asymptomatic and never show symptoms. We are not, and can not stop the spread, latest estimates are the 70% will get it. Are only hope for those who will get the bad form of symptoms is to slow the spread, and that requires keeping contact to a minimum. There is some evidence that 72' is not enough distance, and I read on another forum that a nurse is being told that the hospital is now acting like the bug is airborne and doesn't need "droplets" to spread.
We all need to act as if we are carriers, and limit all non-essential contact. It is not just for our own well being but for others. While it is not possible to completely isolate (even if you are symptomatic) you have to get food, every non essential contact between humans that is not happening is one less source way for the virus to move.
We go to town once a week for groceries and don't leave our property the rest of the week. I am taking only essential nutritional loads on my truck. Yes it is a hardship, an no, not just the sick need to limit their movements. With a 70% infection rate everyone is going to know someone who is effected, anything you can do to help slow the spread is a help.
one trip to town a week doesn't mean I will not get it or will not spread it, but it does limit the pathway and people interacted with.
This thing is the "test of our time" and we have not faced a test like this since at least WW2 and may be longer. How we act will determine how this looks in the history books.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Must haves

Self Responsibility, Consideration and Decency shown to others .
Three of the most important virtues, and actions blatantly ignored by many people.

If these were truly put into action it would go a long way to abate this situation.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:00 pm

Went into town for our weekly stock-up. Not much had changed at the 1st two stores, but once again Wal Mart was the outlier. They had closed all but one entrance and set up a cueing line made from up ended shopping carts. I'm not sure what the reason was but it may be they are going to limit how many are in the store at one time.
I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand anything that can help the spread is a positive in my book, on the other, it seams the virus can remain active in the air for such a long time, I'm not sure what it will accomplish other than heighten the sense of people to "stock-up" (hoard) when they do get in.
As it was there was no line to get in and shoppers were going around like normal. There was a large group just standing around close to one another talking!
I got my food for the trip to Montana, and dog food. I hope we will be set for another week.
This brings up my point about things changing day to day, and never knowing what you will encounter. I have no idea if I will find food on the road or not. There is only so much I can pack into my little 'fridge in the truck, may be when all this is over I will have lost a few pounds, but I doubt it. The food I can get is not as good for you as what I used to get, mostly burgers and frys.
I'll post what I find on my trip.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Interprovincial travel has been blocked, here. There are very few exceptions to the travel ban. Domestic travel is not one of the exceptions.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:42 pm

Yes He does work in mysterious ways. But I don't think its accurate to say "you can and will die from it ..." I think it more accurate to say you could and might die from it... A coronavirus tracker put up by Johns Hopkins University of Medicine shows that more than 73,000 people worldwide have recovered from Covid-19 so far. I never said I don't believe in it - it exists and its real and I am definitely in the "at risk" group - late 60's with only fair health and if I am ever infected I would not go around contaminating others - I would take any and all quarantine steps the doctors and public officials dictate.
I don't have a "higher" connection with God than you or anyone else could have, if they so choose it. He loves you, and everyone else as much as He loves me. I'm just saying I hope this virus scare will encourage everyone, who has not done so already, to consider pursuing a closer relationship with God. But my bullet proof attitude stands - I Know He will protect me. He already has in other remarkable ways the past few years.

Thank you, Sir, for your reply here and thank you everyone for helping me in some of the other posted sections of this web site forum.
Bless you.

Sadly you don't get it at all, figuring that god is protecting you so you will go on about your life UNTIL you get symptoms, is being blind, irresponsible or just plain stubborn,

Many many people who put their faith in god rather than the scientists are already dead, Virus unlike you does not believe in god, it takes both parties to agree for both to accept as true, you think god will protect you, virus says otherwise,

if you want to put your faith to the test like a southern believe and handle snakes that's one thing, only you die if your faith turns out to be wrong,
But if you put people around you at risk of death because you "believe" then you are doing the devil's work for him,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm

The noon news showed local artists painting likenesses of front-line medical workers on the plywood of boarded up stores. WALMART is supporting local feed the homeless street level charities with curbside delivery vehicles and food supplies. I think this is a respectable thing to do.
I wish the religious vultures would stop knocking on my front door. My guess is they think this is an opportunity for them to offer their BS.. I am going to call the bylaws number and ask if they are in violation of any stay away laws. I had a sign on the front porch suggesting these persons GFY. One of them must have taken it. Years ago, when we had two Doberman dogs, we used to answer the door with the snarling dogs on leash.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:36 pm

While looking online for info on the states I will be traveling in, I saw a report that up to 1 in 3 Covid-19 test are returning a false negative. One of the reasons given was the rush to get test approved without enough testing to see to accuracy of the test in question. Once again it will distort the outlook.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion