politic on the board

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:02 am

Re: politic on the board

There has been a tariff on wood for a long time, it varies depending on the "mood" of the moment in Washington. In the 90's I was leased to Butler Trucking, Steve Butler owned a "reload yard" in Niagara Falls, OT to take it off rail cars and put it on flatbed trucks. He ended up getting rid of it when the tariff went high in the late 90's. I remember a big rush to get the remaining lumber across the border before it took effect.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 am

nikkinutshop wrote: You should understand this simple thing, The end user pays the tax.
LIKE X
DISLIKE

Trump doesn't understand this, or thinks the people who voted him in are too dumb to understand this (he may be right, I fear) Making Mexico pay for his folly by taxing Americans. The end user always foots the bill for any tax. Tariff's should be a last resort and never needed between friends. They are almost always a lose/lose situation.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:21 pm

What happened?
Trump offered a remarkable explanation on Thursday. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto called him, he said, and asked him not to proceed.
And he likes them, he said, so he agreed. Trump has regularly changed his mind because someone explained something to him.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 pm

It is never as simple as all that. I am sure that More was said on all sides, I am equally sure that concessions are to be given to "parties" of the NAFTA. Nothing more than Negotiations, some put out by "unnamed" sources, some by regular sources and some not even talked about.
Do those not involved get a full story? Do not think so. If individuals only want to name call and deride the other side, it will take time for things to change. This is done by both sides. Life holds things more important to me than most of the "stuff" that is reported as "gotcha" bull spit news. I will take care of me and mine and wish everybody the peace to know that taking care of you and yours is most important thing that we all can do.
Trust me when I say, if the Current administration screws it up, there will be plenty of folks who will speak up, and It will not be the "Loyal" opposition.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:08 pm

My post was a cut and paste from what Trump said.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Don't worry, Trump needs Canadian lumber to build his wall, he's just trying to get the best "deal"!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:38 pm

b4autodark wrote:Don't worry, Trump needs Canadian lumber to build his wall, he's just trying to get the best "deal"!

Like X

Dislike

that would be rich, build a wooden wall, then maybe a straw one next?
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:52 pm

I am thinking that Adobe construction might be an alternate option and be economical. All of the resources are close by. Water from the Rio Grand, red clay dirt, straw and alternate organic material (aka bs). Some of the red clay may be substituted with more BS. (alternative organic material) Workers who have some expertise in this building method could be recruited and sending them home at the end of the day is as easy as pointing the workers south at 1800h. LOL

LIKE X
DISLIKE

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:10 am

nikkinutshop wrote:I am thinking that Adobe construction might be an alternate option and be economical. All of the resources are close by. Water from the Rio Grand, red clay dirt, straw and alternate organic material (aka bs). Some of the red clay may be substituted with more BS. (alternative organic material) Workers who have some expertise in this building method could be recruited and sending them home at the end of the day is as easy as pointing the workers south at 1800h. LOL

LIKE X
DISLIKE

Yes, Adobe Bricks, just like the Big Bad Wolf.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:49 am

I read he's going to hire Mexicans to do the work, because Americans won't,

he's gonna have them build it from Mexico side, once they are done,,,,deported And stiffed on pay at the same time,

who says temporary 45 ain't smart?
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion