Virtual Front Porch

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Re: Virtual Front Porch

OMG. When I think of surgery I am flooded with memories of four years of diagnosis and treatment for prostate cancer. I have had hundreds of violations of the one way street rule. I would never complain because I have been cancer free for nearly five years, now. An ultrasound biopsy cannot ever be mistaken for a recreational fun time. Over several years, I had more than 100 biopsy samples taken. The ultrasound device is the size of a "D" cell MAGLIGHT, it guides a trigger operated nipper that chops off a piece of the prostate for the lab to check out. The other thing that I lost was any of the modesty that may have been hiding in me. On my last day of return check-up, I told the Good Doctors that I had developed a close feeling for them, after all of the things we had done together. I opened my carry bag and took out two wine glasses and a bottle of JACKSON TRIGGS MERLOT and turned on some soft music from my BLACKBERRY. One of the Docs started to laugh and the other reminded that we should continue to remind ourselves that we should be professional and never forget that this is a medical procedure.
The recovery from BRACHYTHEROPY has been very successful. I was worried about leaking and smelling like pee, like my Grandfather. So far, so good.
When I turned 65 and the Government started sending my Old Age Pension, they forwarded a letter that said, "Welcome to your golden years". What does that mean? I had to check. So far, so good, no wet spot.
I was told, in answer to my inquiry that I had received well over a million dollars of medical attention for my situation. All that I was out of pocket for was the parking and fuel for the car.
I took my motorcycle a few times, when the weather was cooperating. A trip through the parking structure set off dozens of car alarms. This made up for many of the indignities I had suffered.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:12 am

So I've been told - Loud pipes save lives!
Yep you're familiar with the Dr. office(s) too.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Edit

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:37 pm

I got "recruited" to be in another play. This time I'm playing an actor playing Bob Cratchit in a Christmas Carol spoof called Inspecting Carol. First 3 weekends in Dec.

I didn't even try out, they called me up and said pretty please. *sigh* the demands of my public!

:jester:
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:56 pm

I've been called a "bad actor", but for very different reasons. Like they say, " break a leg".
BTW: It is Thanksgiving here in Canada. We have a free-range turkey in the oven and my wife has been busy for a few days in the detailed preparation. Of course there will be pie, pumpkin pie. My wife makes the best pie and her pumpkin is the best. Put some whipped cream on and everything gets better. There ate two pies
Attachments
WAITING FOR A THANKSGIVING TREAT.jpg
WAITING FOR SUPPER
TWINS.jpg
TWINS
GREAT PUMPKINS.jpg
WHERE PUMPKINS COME FROM
pumpkin pie1.jpg
HOME MADE PUMPKIN PIE

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm sitting in my truck and listening to the news. Ottawa, our capital is being shot up by a bunch of persons with covered faces. One solder was shot at our war memorial. The news says that Ottawa has been locked down and the news goes on to say that security has shot one of the masked persons.
We have a problem.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Yes, I've been reading about that, I'm sorry to hear of it. I don't understand the compulsion to try and make everyone live in the middle (dark) ages. No true religion since that time has promoted the killing of others to satisfy (some) deity.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:53 pm

I was on the road and did not hear of this until Late Wed night. I am truly sorry to hear of the Death of a Soldier.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:59 am

This was the second time this week that a Canadian Armed Forces Person was killed by a radical. Both were in uniform and attacked from behind. There is a word for this.
I think Canada grew up a lot this last week. Some innocence has been lost by many of us. Have we changed? Maybe. The events have brought out our resolve to not be intimidated and run. While not being too obvious, I am sure that our national security will change.
Here on the West Coast we often feel so remote from Ottawa, our capitol, where these events happened. In the last 24 hours there has been a noticeable increase in the number of Canadian flags flying.
This situation certainly has persons talking and displaying their solidarity. These events have joined us rather than divide us. I know that my family will never be the same.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:24 am

I agree with CB89.
I, as a veteran, am sorry that any other country has to loose one individual, soldier or civilian, to these radical terrorists. Our hearts mourn for your loses, too.
The rest of the world needs to recognize the potential they represent and step up eradicating them. I'm sorry if that sounds discriminatory, but they have shown they are out to eradicate us, not convert us. It's going to come to a "them or us" situation.
We too, in the US, have gone through a lot of changes, especially since 9-11. The whole world changed on 9-11.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.
PreviousNext

Return to Non-IH discussion