my "very good fun" day

Just keep it clean please....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:40 pm

my "very good fun" day

TALK ABOUT MOOD SWING! yesterday I had a "downer day" and today my son and I decided to go ice fishing on the only lake that stays froze for a period of about three months in our area. He was gifted a bunch of gear expressly for that type of gig. Off we went with our faithful golden retriever to just get away. Was it ever beautiful on this lake. the 2 inches of rain we had the previous 2 days had frozen into a nice smooth glassy top. We augered a couple of holes into the ice and dangled some hooks near to the 5 foot bottom of the widely acclaimed bass fishing lake. I lay down and my nose tickled the ice water as I saw about a 4 foot circle of view of the bottom. I hooked a 'big one' on my barbless hook. it measured about 5 inches. LOL :D Of course,I just put it back after sending a facebook pic of my prize to my wife. She was happy that I was happy again. The world can be full of all kinds of problems and situations, but one beautiful day on the lake can re-adjust ones thinking. I am blessed. Manny

ps,..Lloyd,...You'd've liked to be there with us. amazing view of the snowy mountains all around this glassy lake on this sunny day.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: my "very good fun" day

Sounds like it would be a good place to be, no matter the time of year.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:18 am

Glad things are lookin up- even if you had to look 'down' to see it :D
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:41 am

It should always be remembered that this is an open forum. Everything that gets posted can be Googled by anyone with Internet access, world wide. I'm thinking "Putting it all out there " could attract some persons with bad intentions. Don't forget that there is the EDIT option. Some circumstances are better shared in a PM, and/or with a trusted friend.
In a few minutes I was able to get all of the personal information on one of the persons who posted here. I found a complete history including birth and education records, address, email, postal code, home phone number, place of employment, hobbies and the make of the other family vehicle. I even know the name of the family pet. I am an amateur with computers and I don't have any illegal intention, just think about what and who you expose yourself to here. Anything that one can do to reduce exposure is better, I think. Think of it as a steering wheel lock on your truck, it may not prevent theft, but it might deflect or slow down the problem.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Brian, what you say is true, And it is a good reminder to folks to "Think" about What they post on public boards. Everything I have seen on here is not critical, and I can also access most information on anyone here with just location and name. All it costs me is a few dollars a year to "log" into one of the best data bases in the US.
It is a Good Idea to remember that the computer is not that secure. Let us just make sure that NONE of us do what is maybe not illegal, but what might be considered unethical.

Lloyd Bledsoe ADMIN.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm

well,...Lloyd, you're right. I appreciate your sensitivity as a host. the whole point from the start was to juxtapose how one can have a poor moment, but realisticaly when pro vs. con, THAT'S LIFE! I have by far more good moments, and ice fishing was stellar. Manny

p.s. One thing : I've always tried to spread good will.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Manny

Now that sounds like fun, ice, cold, frozen. (not for this hot blooded bloke who was looking back up at you). LOL

Now pictures of the rookies now they are special and bring joy to lots of us.

Keep speading that joy all round.

Trevor
http://www.vihtr.com
Veteran International Harvester Truck Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316122235181405/
International Harvester Trucks Pre 1940

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks Trevor! really,...soakin' up the sun in OZ. Be mindful that winter is-a-comin'. Cold is ok too, when one has as nice a day as that was.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Oh come on.. It's only 9d.F. (-waytoocold C.) in MN.

slospeed wrote:Now that sounds like fun, ice, cold, frozen. (not for this hot blooded bloke who was looking back up at you). LOL

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Just being out on the water Winter or Summer is a great way to get life back in perspective. I tend to enjoy water when it's not so lumpy :lol: . Hey Trevor try to stay Cool down there ,I've been reading about the Fires and Heat!!! I've got Family in Melbourne,And all the way up the East Coast to Brisbane. Mum was a WW 2 War Bride. Lotsa Family Down your way. G-Day Sandusky

Return to Non-IH discussion