Dash gauge ID plates

For you lovers of the Class 8's and bigger.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:57 pm

Dash gauge ID plates

I'm looking for the gauge ID plates generally found in the larger trucks like the Emeryville's. I need the "Engine oil temp" and the "Rear axle temp" plates. Some of the COF 190's and 200's also had them. I can have them made but thought I would check here first. Thanks, Dan

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:29 am

Re: Dash gauge ID plates

Hey Dan, long time no see. There is a place near Louisa that should have those plates. From Route 23 turn right on that road by the big Sunoco Truck Stop. I think it is Route 1'. Anyway, it is the road towards Yatesville Lake. Out there just a few miles as you go down a hill there is a junkyard on the right with several older binders and some not so old. You should find what you need. If I happen to get down that way I will check on them for you.
Lonnie (fornerly of Morehead) remember me?

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:41 am

Re: Dash gauge ID plates

Lonnie, Good to hear from you. It's been a couple of years since we talked last. Are you still on the farm over in Lewis County? Did you get your trucks restored? I'll have to check that junk yard out to see what's there. You don't find junk yards in this part of the country with IH's. Most of the old IH's disappeared when scrap got so high. Thanks, Dan

Lonnie, Checked Google Earth and the only place I could find that looked like a junk yard was on Rt. 3 and it looked like a trucking company with a lot of old stuff. The old stuff sort of sits down below the road on the right. Could that be the place? The state is straightening the road to Yatesville lake and it looks like everything has been cleaned up. Thanks, Dan

Return to Large Trucks