Hello from central British Columbia

For you lovers of the Class 8's and bigger.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:54 am

Hello from central British Columbia

Hello. Im a disabled pensioner homesteading. ..off the grid in central British Columbia. I run some cows and a bunch of wool sheep. Years ago...out of necessity ....I bought a 1974 Fleetstar 2050A dump truck. I cannot find any information on this truck or 550 motor. Can someone please tell me what category this truck would fall under in this forum for asking questions?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:29 pm

Re: Hello from central British Columbia

The "Large truck" section is the one for a Fleetstar.

Binder Books has manuals;
http://www.binderbooks.com/ih_truck_manuals.htm

You can also use the IH manual number and try the a web search,you may find them on Ebay that way.
This is what I'd use if looking for the parts manual...
MT-135 parts manual (correct for your truck)
MT-135 _______ parts manual < Plus by adding IH or International or International truck where the blank is. Either of those key words before the manual number instead of after as well because it boils down to how it was posted by the seller.

BB also has the service manual = CTS-2301,which you can do a search for too same as the above by changing the key words etc.
The service manual for IH diesel's are not included in the truck service manuals. BB doesn't list it but you can likely find one in a web search. For your year truck it's a DV550B.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:38 pm

Re: Hello from central British Columbia

Thanks for the information. Ive tried two Amazon suppliers who advertised a reprint of the original IH manual. ..but I beleive it was in the tractor application. ...but they will not ship to Canada. I have a gasket for the oil cooler but the truck version does not look like the diagram for tractor version.

Return to Large Trucks