Latest Loadstar Video

Links to U-Tube videos that are IH related.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 09, 2013 12:02 am

Latest Loadstar Video

My latest video driving the 71 Loadstar. Shot in wide angle with my new Gopro camera. It does a good job on the video but a little weak on the sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JAOJFXR ... e=youtu.be

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 am

Re: Latest Loadstar Video

great video, Ralph! I always look forward to new "Roosty" videos. Your steering wheel sits about the same as does mine. I want to change mine to sit straight on a regular "crownwed" highway. I may do it on the flat, but skew it a couple of minutes clockwise to compensate for normal highway slope. I have about 4 minutes of slop. how about you? A guy might get away with adjusting the pitman. Manny

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:31 am

Manfred Range wrote:great video, Ralph! I always look forward to new "Roosty" videos. Your steering wheel sits about the same as does mine. I want to change mine to sit straight on a regular "crownwed" highway. I may do it on the flat, but skew it a couple of minutes clockwise to compensate for normal highway slope. I have about 4 minutes of slop. how about you? A guy might get away with adjusting the pitman. Manny

I never even noticed that in the video. What I have to check often on the Loadstar is te studs in the side of the steering box will loosen up with use and add even more free play to the steering. The studs can't back right out and fall off since they come up against the frame of the truck but it does make quite a difference in free play to tighten them. Can't get them to stay tight and don't want to twist them off .

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 29, 2013 11:13 pm

yeah, I don't know. maybe with armstrong steering the st. wheel naturally moves to the 1-oclock position, because of the effort needed to compensate for the slight angle toward the ditch. is yours power or armstrong?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 30, 2013 1:28 am

Manfred Range wrote:yeah, I don't know. maybe with armstrong steering the st. wheel naturally moves to the 1-oclock position, because of the effort needed to compensate for the slight angle toward the ditch. is yours power or armstrong?

Definitely manual steering here. With that big steering wheel you have a lot of leverage and don't really need power assist I think. Now that B110 is a little heavy steering since i installed radial tires. The B trucks are a little heavy up frnt anyway.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:38 am

I understand. can you imagine how I yard on it turning those big Stockton mags? I don't even try on the standstill, always electing to roll just a foot or two whilst steering. Easy to do on my sloped street. snow aint too bad.
I found a lot of clips where they have old internationals in the movies, even the B-sieries. on the Andy Griffiths show, they used a B armored truck (or paddy wagon?) which reminds me of the fellas recent post in "Introduce yourself" forum. Ill see if I can retrieve the movie clip link for you. Manny

edit add: here it is Ralph---pretty cool stuff, just scroll down, and find a bunch of B's
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles_make-Inte ... ester.html
if you click on the 'none' category and go to page 7 it starts with all the B's
lodestars start at page 27--lots of them!

Return to IHC Videos