40 Years of International

Links to U-Tube videos that are IH related.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:31 am

40 Years of International

Spring start up and drive of my B110 March 30, 2013. 40th anniversary on this farm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI-C6DOiVUU

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:41 am

Re: 40 Years of International

Nice video and nice truck Ralph,

I also learned a few things about camera angles and camera mounts!

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:19 am

dean466 wrote:Nice video and nice truck Ralph,

I also learned a few things about camera angles and camera mounts!

Dean

Thanks Dean, I too am learning as I go . I've known for a long time that different points of view are critical to making an interesting video. It takes more time and work changing camera angles and locations, plus a bit more time editing, but you end up with a more interesting video I think. Today's short attention spans get bored looking at the same point of view and angle for more than a few seconds it seems.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 am

very well done Ralph! Except for the speakers, antenna, missing hornbutton, and of course, the snow, it looks like it was my truck out for a spin! I have the backfiring thing too, but, all in all, I think yours runs better than my old 240
april 3, 2013 Manny

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 am

Manfred I think the old Holley carb in mine needs an acellerator pump. It leans out and almost stalls when I step on the gas. Those speakers in the dash seemed like a good idea back in the seventies but I regret cutting holes in the dash now. Plus the speakers don't work anymore and I removed the 8 track tape player. :lol:
Part of the horn button assembly got damaged or lost years ago when I had to pull the steering wheel off to repair the shift tube. I still have the button but decided to install that dash mounted button to make the horn usable. It is an old ether injection button from a Case tractor.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:37 am

Well,...I'm exploring the recreation of the three bakelite knobs on the circle plate, as two of mine are broken. My son Hans has a CNC machine that can probably make them out of nylon or something hard and unconductive. Once I do that successfully, I'll sell them like that and fill a need that is "out there". Manny.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:32 pm

Manfred Range wrote:Well,...I'm exploring the recreation of the three bakelite knobs on the circle plate, as two of mine are broken. My son Hans has a CNC machine that can probably make them out of nylon or something hard and unconductive. Once I do that successfully, I'll sell them like that and fill a need that is "out there". Manny.

Manfred, after reading your post here I decided to check out mine. The horn button and spring and metal disk are all good in the glove compartment but won't stay in place on the steering wheel because one of the bakelite tabs is broken off. Now I wonder if I could build it up with some JBweld and a little artistic work with a file to make it usable again. Although your idea sounds interesting too.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Yeah Ralph,...I thought of JB weld too. But I'd use it in a casting, and then rivet it back on. But on the other hand, if I want to make something duplicateable, then I think I ought to stick with nylon or such. 'Besides, Hans's C.N.C. machine would do an exact size copy without all the hassle of +ve/-ve casting. If I'm gonna go through all the hastle of making one for myself, might just as well make the program to make them for others as well. A guy could do the same with the knobs on the dash. Heck,...even the horn button itself!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:05 pm

Just as long as they are relatively small runs, say 30-50 sets at most, I think the Corporate guys at Navistar will not have a problem. These are not available elsewhere, I do not think. Just keep in Mind, If the Scout fellows have them for sale, THEY are OFF limits to make a bunch to sell. They have exclusive rights to reproduce the Items they sell.
Other than that Caveat, Knock yourselves out! Want to see the first run!

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 pm

So as long as they are not for a scout it's ok? Do you say that they actually make the very thing to fit my truck or that type of steering wheel? or just for scouts? Heck, if it's already made, why bother! You know more about this than I do, Lloyd. cheers, Manny
Next

Return to IHC Videos