60 year old Bib Overalls

Back in the day....

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:39 am

60 year old Bib Overalls

A picture of my grandson(Noah) standing on my running boards. My mom saved a pair of my bib overalls from when I was three years old in 1955. She gave them to me a few years before she passed. I gave them to my son a few weeks ago and he brought Noah over to the farm with my 60 year old bibs on this last week. It almost brought me to tears. I'm taking a photo my mom took of me with those exact bibs on and merging this picture of Noah together in photo shop so we are both in the new picture together with the same pants 63 years apart. I told my son to save those bib's for Noah's son some day........
It just seem fittin to take this picture with my 1953 R112 since it too is from that place in time.]
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 am

Re: 60 year old Bib Overalls

Great story and adorable photo. Those bib overalls are absolutely priceless. Looking forward to seeing the merged photo.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:46 pm

Re: 60 year old Bib Overalls

Speaking of coveralls, in the 1960, I found a coverall sew-it-together-yourself kit in an old house we were renovating. It appears to be something that a person would mail in a request and 25 cents ant this denim cloth with the printed parts was sent in the return mail. The instruction suggest that the denim should be cut into pieces, sewn together and stuffed with an appropriate material after being turning the outside out. I still have the kit around here somewhere and this has reminded me to look for it. I will post some pictures. In the same house, I found a pair of glasses dated in the late 1800's. The glasses were made in Russia.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to Stories, Tales, Games