McDonalds Commercial

Back in the day....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Re: McDonalds Commercial

I'm 60, do I qualify for senior Coffee? Never thought about Burger King. :shock:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 am

MikeMiller/old wrote:Hey Ohio boy, tell your Pops that senior coffee is free at Burger King! I hate to waste that 50c on a Mickey D's cup.

He doesn't go for the coffee, but for the society- buying the coffee is like paying dues or seat rental or something. Same bunch has been going there for about 20 years now.

It took him awhile, but he finally got in with the McD Codger's Club here. Turns out he was going too early in the morning (he pretty much used to stay near Eastern Standard Time for the whole 3 months he was out here every year) Could walk over from his old place, but it's a 15 mile drive from the new one.

Once, at the McDonald's in Ohio, I went in with him & the guys were sitting around swapping lies. Every once in awhile someone would yell out a number, like "57!" or "114!" and they'd just laugh like hell.

When we were driving back to the house I asked him what the number business was all about and he said that they had been hanging around together so long that they just numbered their jokes, rather than telling them all over again, and everyone laughed because they knew which joke the numbers referred to.

The next time we went in, they were BS-ing away as usual and every once in a while someone would call out a number and we'd all laugh. I thought I finally had the hang of it, so I yelled out "21!"

Silence.

They all kinda looked at each other and went back to sipping their coffee and finally one of them mutters, "Some people just don't know how to tell a joke."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"How the heck did that happen?"

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:39 pm

OhioBoy, my wife is from Miamisburg,Ohio, and has a sister that lives in Kenton, Ohio. Sometimes, we go through the area, to visit her sister, or close to there to get parts.(Spingfield). Sounds like a good reason to go sooner, than later. Thanks. Bill

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 am

lbesq wrote:I'm 60, do I qualify for senior Coffee? Never thought about Burger King. :shock:

you and i are the same age Lloyd. i don't think of that as old and get hacked off when i recieve mailers from AARP.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:02 am

kjhogue wrote:
lbesq wrote:I'm 60, do I qualify for senior Coffee? Never thought about Burger King. :shock:

you and i are the same age Lloyd. i don't think of that as old and get hacked off when i recieve mailers from AARP.

I have not been that impressed with AARP(have not signed up). There is another outfit out there:http://www.americanseniors.org/
I will probably join them someday.

I just hope to Live longer than most of the Men In my family have lived. Brother is 6 years older than I am. If he passes in the same "age" area as all the rest of Males, I have 6 years to Party! HEHEHEHE

I am just having Fun, as I feel, if you are not, you might as well "turn" in. Goal for this year, lose the weight I gained last year and then some.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:31 am

Yesterday, I found myself at an electric supply store. The young associate asked me what it was like "being old". I said that cold weather was the worst thing, for me. My glasses are always steaming over. I went on to suggest that it was from the pee evaporating from my jeans, not the arthritis, as suggested. I was offered a tissue, I pocketed it for later.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive
Previous

Return to Stories, Tales, Games