McDonalds Commercial

Back in the day....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:16 am

McDonalds Commercial

I saw a McDonalds commercial this morning with a red Scout II in it. Didn't make me want Mickey D's but was neat to see one in a commercial.
46 K3
52 L110
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: McDonalds Commercial

Bet it made you want a Scout II, though! :lol:
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:14 pm

You know, it kinda did.
46 K3
52 L110

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Getting anyone to admit that they ever eat at McD's is difficult. It kinda make me wonder how they were able to serve billions of burgers. While I don't have a steady diet of McD's, a Quarter Cheese is a nice treat now and then.
I remember when McD's came to Calgary in the 1960's. Their milkshakes were 25 cents, a BigMac was 50 cents and a cheese burger was 12 cents.
I really like McD.s coffee here in Western Canada. It is as good as SB and better than TH, as I taste it. Somewhere I had a picture of our R120 in the McD's drive-thru.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Dad goes to McDonald's almost every day, but he only has a "senior coffee" with the codger club.

I know it probably adds up, but at 50 cents a pop, I'm not sure it can support a whole corporation. Maybe the other codgers order more. :roll:

When I worked at the Rehab center I had McD for lunch most days, because it was fast and close by. Now that I've gotten out of the habit, I can really taste the salt and grease when I do get there- which is maybe 4-5 times a year :?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 pm

We always cook healthy at home and this includes a low or no salt added plan. I agree that the salt in a some commercial burgers has a real burn and if one is not used to it, a bit of a shock. I think that I qualify for the Codger Club. My signature has become the spill on the front of my shirt and this is the best way to get the dog to play with me.
Last edited by nikkinutshop on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:00 am

In Urbana (Ohio) they have Crabill's
OOOOooooooooohhhhhh that's some gooooood eatin'!

In business since 1927, they used to be in the corner of the Firestone Tire shop over by the railroad tracks. The old store seated six at a homemade plywood counter. They deep-fried their burgers in about 2 inches of old grease with crumbs of burnt hamburger in it. Looks gross, smells awful- but TASTES AMAZING! The outside edges get just a little crispy.

Used to could get them with mustard and onions- only. They added ketchup and relish as options for commies and weirdos sometime in the 1970s. Coke, or chocolate milk, NO Pepsi.

They moved into their own building in the 1980's when the Firestone station was torn down. At first the burgers didn't taste the same. Probably needed the grease to age a bit. But now they are back and in fine form.

Health food? HELL no. But ****, they're tasty! You can bet I'll be getting some when I go back (for the last time in a long while, I'm sure) in April. Here's a pretty good video about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGfg8Yu2h1c&feature=player_detailpage
Last edited by OhioBoy on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 am

I'll bet that I couldn't stop at one.
About 4 kilometers from here, in a warehouse district, there is a restaurant that has food so good and servings so big. I always have to take some home because I cant finish. The German owner is at work at 04:30h every week morning. He bakes his own bread and makes everything that he serves. He is a German trained sausage maker. Manfred, if you happen to be in the neighborhood, Lunch is on me.
I am retired so I do not have to eat at noon, so just after the lunch hour there is parking and some place to sit.
There are over 5000, that's right, five thousand, restaurants in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Three of the top five Oriental restaurants, in the world, are here. Because of the multicultural nature of the population, here, we have so many great food options. Vancouver has street vendor food servers that rival some of the better restaurants. The food variety sounds like a list of the United Nations.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 pm

I grew up not eating McDonald's and have never acquired the taste for it, but my wife like the occasional Big Mac so we do go there from time to time. For a good burger though there is a little town called Meers (population 5) near here and they have a store that makes burgers. They use beef from their own herd of range fed Texas longhorn, very lean meat. The burgers are huge they are served in a pie pan and fill the entire pan, they come with mustard onions lettuce pickles and tomato.
46 K3
52 L110

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:35 pm

Hey Ohio boy, tell your Pops that senior coffee is free at Burger King! I hate to waste that 50c on a Mickey D's cup.
Next

Return to Stories, Tales, Games