$800,000 PICK-UP HOAX

Back in the day....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:09 pm

$800,000 PICK-UP HOAX

My long time friend just sent me an email telling of the 1947 Ford Pickup that sold to the Ford Museum for $800,000. He was all excited and he thought that IHC might be interested in something that I have here. I had to call him and tell him that he was another victim of a bunch of BS that was started by a person in Whitby Ontario, Canada. The Ford Museum says that they have no connection to the truck and the museum did not inspect or buy the pickup as reported.
This hoax first started circulating in 2010. If anyone were to GOOGLE $800,000 1947 Ford Pickup, there will be lots to read.
The other situation that I see is this. While some of the IHC pickups that we modify, here, are anything but stock, it might be more than a little difficult to fool any IHC owner with a story like this. I did, however, tell a few non-IHC persons that my R120 was stock and they seemed to buy into it. I guess that there are a few persons who like to believe in the far-out stuff.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: $800,000 PICK-UP HOAX

if you say gullible real real slow, it will rhyme with orange. try it. pretty cool, huh?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 am

Re: $800,000 PICK-UP HOAX

Darn, when did the colour get changed to orange? It used to be stove-pipe-wrench.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to Stories, Tales, Games