what a day

Back in the day....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Re: what a day

Ok so i got the rear number plate light fitted on today, without having to drill any holes in the body work. The only thing i forgot was to take the camera. Never mind, next weekend i have got it booked in for the MOT so i'll grab a couple of photos then. Fingers crossed it will pass the MOT, I'll let you all know. Luke

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:24 pm

glad it's all coming together for you! Now I gotta do the same thing. I got my original horn wired back. see the interesting 'hornwire' thread in ABCD section.
I want to get a new chrome bumper when $/time works out. so,I might wait with the light till then, seeing as the authorities seem to take no interest.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:58 pm

YEA! the truck passed the MOT today. still forgot to take the camera, its not the prettiest of jobs but it done it for the day so now i have time to make something a bit more special.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:20 pm

harvester60 wrote:YEA! the truck passed the MOT today. still forgot to take the camera, its not the prettiest of jobs but it done it for the day so now i have time to make something a bit more special.

Good to hear! Now back on the road!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:10 am

harvester60 wrote:what a day yesterday was. we are having some pretty bad weather at the moment across the uk. Normally i would not dream of taking the truck out in the rain never mind the snow, but the MOT was due. So there i was happy at driving the truck, but miffed that it was getting covered it in dirty old slush :x It then got worse, they failed the truck because it does not have a rear number plate light :x :x . I expland that it has never had one and they had passed it for the last 2 years. Oh was the reply. The long and the short of it is they are going to phone the ministry on monday and let me know, they may pass it, they may not. If they fail it, ive got 10 days in which to fit one and get it back to the garage or i'll have to pay another £35 :x

This probably sounds strange but woke up this morning and we've had more snow, about 4". Probably nothing to a lot of you guys out there, but its enough to cause havoc of here :) .

How often are the MOT inspections required? Nothing wrong with 4" of snow,,we got more than that April 8th and more in the forecast. Looking forward to summer,,,we usually play baseball that DAY!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm

The 4" of snow was just in the area that i live, i just dont like taking my truck out in them conditions. Alot of other parts of the uk was alot worse off, snow drifts of 15 plus feet. We have not seen anything like that in aloooot of years.

The MOT's are due every 12 months, but they keep changing regulations. As of november last year they change so that if you had vehicle manufactured on or before the 1/1/60 you no longer need an MOT, my truck was sept 1960.

Went to a great little car show the weekend at an american diner just a few miles from where i live, as i park up i realise the lorry next to me was a international harvester...who would of thought :) . once again forgot the camera

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:07 pm

it never ceases to amaze me how many must have made it across with army, I think.Even rarer would be some rich civilian, with a 'corny' penchant pardon the pun. Yeah,....too bad you were 'sans' camera! Manny

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:34 am

I know mine never came across with the army, but it does make you wonder. For some time now i have been thinking that i might have the only B series truck in the uk, but i could be wrong, i guess there's no way of finding out. What i do know is that there was a B series travelall for sale a while ago. Also this is for sale, an A series, close but not the same.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C375228
Over the past few years i have seen a fair IHC's for sale over here, so they have definately made ther mark.
luke
Previous

Return to Stories, Tales, Games