52/53 L160 wheel help

Early 50's IHC hot rods

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 pm

52/53 L160 wheel help

I started building this truck in the mid 80's. The title says its a 53 but everything I read says L160's were 51 and 52. Anyway the truck started life as a grain truck and only had 32k on the odometer when we got a hold of it. My father in law wanted it to haul his backhoe, nothing great big, a MF3065 how on a two axle trailer. The engine was very healthy but it wouldn't pull the hill north of his house. We stripped the cab to bare metal, shortened the frame, built a custom steel flat bed and repainted it. After it wouldn't pull enough of a load we put a 74' Ford 390 truck motor and tranny in it, still using the IHC 2 speed rear end. He used it until he bought a 90 dodge Cummins dually. He drained the fluids and stored it knowing I wanted it. Divorces and life happens. I was able to bring it home this year and am putting it back on the road but am looking for a new set of wheels. I would like lo profile but at this point would just like to know if I have any options. These split ring wheels are still serviceable but need major sand blasting.
I have to download some pictures to my pc to show it. It will happen

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: 52/53 L160 wheel help

Spoke or 5 lug disk?

Return to Early Fifties Hot Rods