Rear fenders done and on now just need some running boards.

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: Rear fenders done and on now just need some running boar

harvester60 wrote:2 words spring to mind when i look at your truck.....show winner. The tailgate and bed are just awesome. I love your truck. Luke

What a nice thing to say, Luke! I really appreciate your comments. I told my son, who has been restoring a 53 Chevy for 10 years now, that I would like to win just one trophy. I really love car shows but can't imagine being somewhere all day doing nothing but sitting under an umbrella watching others look at my truck. I have a real appreciation for those people that do that for me, as I really love to go to the local shows and check them all out. We decided that the comments and interest that our two vehicles might bring, will be our trophies. Thank you very much for the trophy!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:53 pm

I went to an IHC truck show in another province. After 20 hours of driving over nearly 1700 kilometers, I won the long distance award. I only got this also-ran-award, because my friend John, lived 10 block west of me and had to drive the extra 10 blocks, each way. He did not want to win the LDA again and conceded to me. My R120 had a 6.9 V8 Diesel, AC, power windows, Gear Venders Overdrive, full air spring suspension and the list goes on and on. My R120 had undergone a frame off complete resto-mod. I fully expected to win the modified IHC.
The first modified winner was an IHC bigger truck that looked like shyte. For a deck it had diamond plate wood screwed to treated lumber. The engine, on the winning truck, had an overheating problem, so the under-hood was packed with pink insulation and there was a water pump set up to keep the insulation wet. I was so insulted from this. The remainder of this "winner" looked like it had just been rolled out from behind a grain bin. This "winner" was a local yokel, so his winning was expected.
The company where I worked 35 years had an annual show and shine for employees. I always won peoples choice, best in show and best truck. As expected, I was asked to leave my truck at home so someone else could win. The next year, I took the transmission out of my R120 and left it at home. The whinny-little-bitch did not bring his 1968 Ford 250 either. What a waste.
there was the other time where my R120 was denied a run for the prize because of the Diesel engine. I was told, "Hot rods do not have Diesels."
My reason for mentioning this is so you may be less disappointed when your excellent work is not recognized for what it is.
My 1940 Ford is about ready to leave the shop, again. I have some apprehension about taking it to a show and shine. A few one-time visiting $hit heads felt it necessary to tell me, on the off-chance, I missed it, "Your car is a four door." and therefore not worth as much as ……………………….

I really appreciate your workmanship. The appreciation you get on this forum may be as good as it gets. Keep the windshield super clean and keep a good shine on the hood. this will almost guarantee a win. Most of the dummies that may look at your masterpiece do not know the difference between dog-shyte and girl guide cookies. Go and enjoy your truck, knowing that you did an outstanding job.
Attachments
R120 in 1991 (2).jpg
At the company S&S
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I went to an IHC truck show in another province. After 17 hours of driving over nearly 1700 kilometers, I won the long distance award. I only got this also-ran-award, because my friend John, lived 10 block west of me and had to drive the extra 10 blocks, each way. He did not want to win the LDA again and conceded to me. My R120 had a 6.9 V8 Diesel, AC, power windows, Gear Venders Overdrive, full air spring suspension and the list goes on and on. M R120 had undergone a frame off complete resto-mod. I full expected to win the modified IHC.
The first modified winner was an IHC bigger truck that looked like shyte. For a deck it had diamond plate wood screwed to treated lumber. The engine, on the winning truck, had an overheating problem, so the under-hood was packed with pink insulation and there was a water pump set up to keep the insulation wet. I was so insulted for this. The remainder of this "winner" looked like it had just been rolled out from behind a grain bin.
The company where I worked 35 years had an annual show and shine for employees. I always won peoples choice, best in show and best truck. As expected, I was asked to leave my truck at home so someone else could win. The next year, I took the transmission out of my R120 and left it at home. The whinny little-bitch did not bring his 1968 Ford 250 either. What a waste.
My reason for mentioning this is so you will less disappointed when your excellent work is not recognized for what it is.

My response:
There are people out there that take a look at me and see a 73 year old man, with a scraggly beard, white hair, fat around the middle and walking cockeyed.....when I know what really is there...a 30 something, handsome, viral, intelligent man with a bounce in his step thinking...who cares. I try to only think positive since I don't have the time left to worry about what I can't change.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:36 pm

I am 73, I have scraggly hair and beard, like yours. I walk with a walker. I am over 6 feet tall and about 320 pounds and thick in the middle, like you. Most of my shop-time, in the last 10 years, is done from a wheeled chair. I make each day and everything I do on pure determination. Like you, I do not have time left to make changes in anyone but myself. Sadly, many of my critics are close to my age. My 30 and 40 year old visitors are the best. They almost always bring beer.
You know the critical guys. Grecian Formula hair, carotene spray tan, patent leather white shoes with no socks, a gold chain around the neck, lots of gold rings, manicured finger-nails and matching pants and top in Frotrel and cotton white. It is all topped off with BRUTE cologne and aviator glasses. These guys do not bring beer.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:49 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I went to an IHC truck show in another province. After 20 hours of driving over nearly 1700 kilometers, I won the long distance award. I only got this also-ran-award, because my friend John, lived 10 block west of me and had to drive the extra 10 blocks, each way. He did not want to win the LDA again and conceded to me. My R120 had a 6.9 V8 Diesel, AC, power windows, Gear Venders Overdrive, full air spring suspension and the list goes on and on. My R120 had undergone a frame off complete resto-mod. I fully expected to win the modified IHC.
The first modified winner was an IHC bigger truck that looked like shyte. For a deck it had diamond plate wood screwed to treated lumber. The engine, on the winning truck, had an overheating problem, so the under-hood was packed with pink insulation and there was a water pump set up to keep the insulation wet. I was so insulted from this. The remainder of this "winner" looked like it had just been rolled out from behind a grain bin. This "winner" was a local yokel, so his winning was expected.
The company where I worked 35 years had an annual show and shine for employees. I always won peoples choice, best in show and best truck. As expected, I was asked to leave my truck at home so someone else could win. The next year, I took the transmission out of my R120 and left it at home. The whinny-little-bitch did not bring his 1968 Ford 250 either. What a waste.
there was the other time where my R120 was denied a run for the prize because of the Diesel engine. I was told, "Hot rods do not have Diesels."
My reason for mentioning this is so you may be less disappointed when your excellent work is not recognized for what it is.
My 1940 Ford is about ready to leave the shop, again. I have some apprehension about taking it to a show and shine. A few one-time visiting $hit heads felt it necessary to tell me, on the off-chance, I missed it, "Your car is a four door." and therefore not worth as much as ……………………….

I really appreciate your workmanship. The appreciation you get on this forum may be as good as it gets. Keep the windshield super clean and keep a good shine on the hood. this will almost guarantee a win. Most of the dummies that may look at your masterpiece do not know the difference between dog-shyte and girl guide cookies. Go and enjoy your truck, knowing that you did an outstanding job.

Thank you! I sincerely appreciate all comments, especially the nice ones. I love my old truck and have really enjoyed building it as a retirement project. I enjoy making things with my hands. I have worked with my hands my entire life, first wood and now metal. I have always enjoyed the making more than the having. Very gratifying. When someone else appreciates what I make, it's even more gratifying.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:52 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I am 73, I have scraggly hair and beard, like yours. I walk with a walker. I am over 6 feet tall and about 320 pounds and thick in the middle, like you. Most of my shop-time, in the last 10 years, is done from a wheeled chair. I make each day and everything I do on pure determination. Like you, I do not have time left to make changes in anyone but myself. Sadly, many of my critics are close to my age. My 30 and 40 year old visitors are the best. They almost always bring beer.
You know the critical guys. Grecian Formula hair, carotene spray tan, patent leather white shoes with no socks, a gold chain around the neck, lots of gold rings, manicured finger-nails and matching pants and top in Frotrel and cotton white. It is all topped off with BRUTE cologne and aviator glasses. These guys do not bring beer.

lol, if I ever come your way, I'll be sure to bring beer.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Been following your build. WELL DONE ! I’m 75 with a KB1 and relearning. Last few years have been a blast and kept me in the garage out of other people’s hair. Same treck as you folks chasing parts and absorbing everything I can from this forum. This part of the country there’s not many old IH’s. Last year a guy caught me at a traffic light, and having read my tailgate, asked where the KNOX truck was made.

Bobby K

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:10 pm

Bobby K1 wrote:Been following your build. WELL DONE ! I’m 75 with a KB1 and relearning. Last few years have been a blast and kept me in the garage out of other people’s hair. Same treck as you folks chasing parts and absorbing everything I can from this forum. This part of the country there’s not many old IH’s. Last year a guy caught me at a traffic light, and having read my tailgate, asked where the KNOX truck was made.

Bobby K

We are about the same age and your are right, it takes a lot of learning and patience. Good luck with your Knox build :-) and thanks for the kind words.
Bob

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:59 pm

He wrote: asked where the KNOX truck was made.
I used to get questions about International. There is no quick fix, in traffic, to sort a city slicker. Outside the Big Smoke, rural persons know IHC
I avoid being Mister Information when an ego walks by with a bit of loveliness on his arm. Nothing changes history and I am not a certified teacher.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:40 pm

Captain Bob... I'm very late finding this post but glad I did. Very nice job the truck, inside and out.

Congratulations:
Paul
PreviousNext

Return to The Modified K-KB