Rear fenders done and on now just need some running boards.

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:46 pm

Re: Rear fenders done and on now just need some running boar

Xerxes wrote:Captain Bob... I'm very late finding this post but glad I did. Very nice job the truck, inside and out.

Congratulations:
Paul

Thank you Paul!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:30 am

Been out of the loop for a bit but finally got a chance to sit down and catch up. WOW! Absolutely great look on that back-half, Bob. It's all coming together, now looking forward to those boards.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:51 am

MACGIVER wrote:Been out of the loop for a bit but finally got a chance to sit down and catch up. WOW! Absolutely great look on that back-half, Bob. It's all coming together, now looking forward to those boards.

Thanks MACGIVER, I've been slow to start the running boards. Just catching up on other things that were put aside to finish the bed etc. Always appreciate your input!
Bob

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:59 am

What a GREAT job on that truck. Every time I look at the pics the more I respect all the work that has gone into it.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:17 pm

Bobby K1 wrote:What a GREAT job on that truck. Every time I look at the pics the more I respect all the work that has gone into it.

Thank you Bobby K1 for the compliment! Only 6 years and almost every day since I retired, but worth it. I can say that the only thing I didn't do was the upholstery on the seat. Pure enjoyment and hard work for an old man.
Bob

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:59 pm

I wanted to do the upholstery in my non IHC. An old friend was down sizing his upholstery business. I bought his extra Juki sewing machine for myself to use. My first trade was sheetmetal. I thought leather could be easier, and it was. My, now ex friend thought that he would be doing the upholstery with the machine he sold me and I would gift the Juki back to him.
So, I have my sewing machine set up in a corner of the basement. I have have three "R" seats and 6 R" doors to recover. This week I have to finish a set of leather fender covers for non IHC. :m03104:
I need to get better organized soon, or I will never see any of this stuff finished.
I like your truck. Another point for the old guys.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:17 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I wanted to do the upholstery in my non IHC. An old friend was down sizing his upholstery business. I bought his extra Juki sewing machine for myself to use. My first trade was sheetmetal. I thought leather could be easier, and it was. My, now ex friend thought that he would be doing the upholstery with the machine he sold me and I would gift the Juki back to him.
So, I have my sewing machine set up in a corner of the basement. I have have three "R" seats and 6 R" doors to recover. This week I have to finish a set of leather fender covers for non IHC. :m03104:
I need to get better organized soon, or I will never see any of this stuff finished.
I like your truck. Another point for the old guys.

Good for you! I bought a machine, thought I would give it a go, since I used to sew clothes for my children and wife as an occasional hobby, but the seat and pattern I wanted, was going to stretch my abilities beyond the point of my patience....so a neighbor that owned a local upholstery shop did it for neighbor price that I couldn't refuse. My son inherited the machine and he thought he would attack his newly restored 53 Chevy BelAir, but he has also succumbed to an upholsterer near him. My seat below. :-)
8-9-13 seat finished 002.JPG

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:43 pm

After seeing your upholstery, I am ready to "toss the towel in" so to speak. I went for simple because, as my wife says, "I am simple." My upholstery design was not even my own. I used BMW 750 seats and I tried to match the doors to the seats.
Attachments
rear seat back rest 3.jpg
RIGHT REAR PASSENGER DOOR 2.jpg
POWER WINDOW RR THE LAST ONE.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:05 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:After seeing your upholstery, I am ready to "toss the towel in" so to speak. I went for simple because, as my wife says, "I am simple." My upholstery design was not even my own. I used BMW 750 seats and I tried to match the doors to the seats.

Looks like you did a great job to me!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Bob, Its been a bit since I heard from you, how's it going ? You have to be getting close, no?
PreviousNext

Return to The Modified K-KB