Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:31 am

Re: Mustang II Drop Spindles or Stock

I agree with NNS. You’ll need a straight frame before making any suspension upgrades. In fact now that the frame has been compromised, I’d be reluctant to modify it beyond stock. If you’re planning upgrades like the MII front end, because your frame has been over stressed, think about replacing it with a new frame from anyone of several aftermarket manufacturers. Art Morrison comes to mind, but there are several other sources. Scott’s Hot Rods and Customs, Roadster Shop, Total Cost Involved Engineering, Fatman Fabrications are some that regularly advertise in magazines I receive. Most all of them have been around for many years and staying in business is one indicator of success. Constantly being listed in the credits of high quality truck builds featured in those magizines is another indicator. Do some research on your own, talk to other guys with trucks at shows, etc. It all depends on what you want the truck to be. If you want it stock like it came from the factory, then straighten the frame and go that route. If you want it modified, look at what it would take to modify it to the extent you want it to be. The bottom line is, it’s your truck and it’s your money.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.