42 update

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 pm

42 update

Hey guys, it’s been awhile and I just got the truck back from paint.
I’m gonna try and show y’all what I’ve been doing to it.
This is my version of what IH might have offered if they had offered a extended cab.
We stretched it 28” in the cab. 10 inches in the door and 18” cab extension. No chop. All glass is
Of stock size, except the door glass extended 10”. also cut out the dash and replaced with 59 Impala.
All sitting on a Art Morrison chassis, with a LS2 and a 4l60e to propel it down the road.
Metal work takes 3 years and 6 doors and a lot of cussing. Paint wasn’t so bad at 7 months.
if I remember right a few of you guys out there helped me locate the extra doors I needed to make this dream come true. I want to thank you.
Now all we have to do is finish it.
Can’t load pics,maybe someone can help?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:59 am

Re: 42 update

Hello Terry, If pictures are too big, they need to be around 500kb. you can "shrink" the size using Paint on the computer. If that does not want to work for you, you can send them to me at lbesq@cableone.net at least for about 10 more days, I can "change" the size and either send them back to you for your files or upload them. Would rather you do it if you can. In the process of "cleaning" house to move.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:39 am

Very interested in seeing pictures. I am considering doing a truck build and stretching the doors 4 to 6 inches to give me more leg room.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:05 pm

Will have pictures up here as soon as I can bring them to proper size to fit forum. Might be tomorrow.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:24 pm

I can't wait to see these photo's. Sounds like hard work but I'm sure it will look amazing. Just out of interest, i up load my photo's from my iPod (I'm assuming it would be the same from an iPhone). I email them to myself and then down load them on to my pc. At the time of emailing, it asks you what size you want the photos, which have to be smaller than 512kb. Luke

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:55 pm

Harvester60, thanks for the advice.
I'm not getting the option to change the bites. cant even change the size when I put the into a zip folder.
any other ideas would be appreciated. TIA

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Duane WI wrote:Very interested in seeing pictures. I am considering doing a truck build and stretching the doors 4 to 6 inches to give me more leg room.

I know, Its kind of cramped in there isn't it! I think you can get some good ideas from it though.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:26 am

terrys42. I’m going out on a limb here and hope you're trying to get you’re photos from your phone to up load on to this forum. From your phone (iPhone in my case, unsure about other platforms) email the photos to yourself. Once you press “send”, the phone asks you about size. Select a smaller size that gets you down to/under the 500kb size. You may need to experiment a few times until you get it. Once you’ve received the email. Save the photos again and yes I know that now you’ll have two of each photo, but the size differential is the reason there are now two. (On my phone the newly saved photo is the second of the two.) Now when you’re ready to upload to the forum select the second (smaller) one to add. If you are online on a PC or laptop and retrieving from the saved photos, again experiment to see which photo is the smaller one. No zip filing allowed or necessary.
If you’re doing all of these functions on a PC/laptop, then use “Paint” program for size reduction and save the photo to use. Just recognize where the new photo is and retrieve it to upload to the forum. All photos should be in “jpg” format. If you’re unfamiliar with manipulating photos, it’s all about experimenting and getting familiar with what results. You can always “delete” the unsuccessful experiments. Just be sure you don’t delete any originals unless you really want to.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:10 am

terrys42 wrote:
Duane WI wrote:Very interested in seeing pictures. I am considering doing a truck build and stretching the doors 4 to 6 inches to give me more leg room.

I know, Its kind of cramped in there isn't it! I think you can get some good ideas from it though.

I am pretty tall so I have to fold up to get in and drive my KB1. This was my first old truck and it was a non running truck without a seat when I bought it so I didn't know just how small the cabs are. Once I got it running and put a seat in it I got a dose of maybe this wasn't the best truck choice. Too late I liked the truck and it is finished so I just live with it. I raised the seat up to help with leg room but it is a balance because now my eye line through the windshield is just under the cab roof line. No need for a sun visor.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:13 pm

WEW51L110 wrote:terrys42. I’m going out on a limb here and hope you're trying to get you’re photos from your phone to up load on to this forum. From your phone (iPhone in my case, unsure about other platforms) email the photos to yourself. Once you press “send”, the phone asks you about size. Select a smaller size that gets you down to/under the 500kb size. You may need to experiment a few times until you get it. Once you’ve received the email. Save the photos again and yes I know that now you’ll have two of each photo, but the size differential is the reason there are now two. (On my phone the newly saved photo is the second of the two.) Now when you’re ready to upload to the forum select the second (smaller) one to add. If you are online on a PC or laptop and retrieving from the saved photos, again experiment to see which photo is the smaller one. No zip filing allowed or necessary.
If you’re doing all of these functions on a PC/laptop, then use “Paint” program for size reduction and save the photo to use. Just recognize where the new photo is and retrieve it to upload to the forum. All photos should be in “jpg” format. If you’re unfamiliar with manipulating photos, it’s all about experimenting and getting familiar with what results. You can always “delete” the unsuccessful experiments. Just be sure you don’t delete any originals unless you really want to.

I have tried this and 1.5 MB is as low as it goes.
Next

Return to The Modified K-KB