SWAP

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:07 pm

SWAP

I brought my 1948 KB6 back from Iowa and plan to put the cab on a 1997 GMC K3500. Has anybody out there done a similar swap. With the long nose on the International it is only 12 inches shorter than my extended cab Sierra. And this would just allow a longer bed which I intend to fabricate from scratch.

I am also considering making it an extended cab or possibly a Crew Cab. Has anybody out there made such an attempt. I saw Pete's extended cab and it looks great.
I know it's going to take a lot of work. but anything worthwhile usually does.

I will be selling the original KB6 frame, engine, trans and rear axle. Is there a need for these parts?

I'm new to this site. Where do I go to list parts I want to sell or purchase other parts?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: SWAP

We have a Swap Meet section, is on the bottom section of the main forum page. Not always a quick selling place but it does give members a place to list and or find parts and such. There are some parts that are just real hard to sell/even give away because of shipping, Local is about the only way for them. Small consumables are good candidates for resale. There is always E-bay and Craigslist. And there are some sites on Facebook now a days that are International specific. How long is your frame? Listing your general location also helps.

Return to The Modified K-KB