HOME ON THE RANGE

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:23 pm

HOME ON THE RANGE

I was eating my McD's b'fast this morning when this Old IHC drove into the parking lot and parked. I had to ask the driver a few questions. He appeared to be about my age. (70s)
The truck was re-engine about 15 years ago with a Ford 300/6. I am thinking the transmission is an automatic, but I am not sure of that. Rather than fuss with the obsolete OEM axles and the next to impossible to buy parts situation, the owner swapped out the original axles for Chevy/GM one ton axles. The axle hubs have the more modern and common 8 studs.
I did not ask to look inside, but the owner said he has all of the comforts of a small home.
He was offered $50,000 for the home on wheels. These small homes on wheels are becoming very popular in this area where a two bedroom detached house is about $2,000,000 and rising. A two bedroom condominium can be around a million dollars.
The driver of the happy house used to live in this area over 4 decades ago and now calls Saskatchewan his home province. He had this to say, "The traffic is terrible", "real-estate is way too high" and "I get so much positive attention with his Old IHC/home."
In the thirty to 40 minutes that I ate my breakfast, I watched dozens of persons pose for pictures next to the Old Binder. A Cougar in a mini-skirt stepped up on the running-board, and pulled her skirt up a few inches while she posed for a picture.
Attachments
ouse on wheels 3.jpg
house on wheels 4.jpg
house on wheels 2.jpg
House on wheels 1.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Re: HOME ON THE RANGE

Better look inside and see if BRJ's name is scratched in there somewhere, looks right up his street!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: HOME ON THE RANGE

What does BRJ look like? Maybe he was ................
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to The Modified K-KB